Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Springer needs to warm up?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Springer needs to warm up? 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Goosehawk
Member
Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Location: North Carolina
got out my beeman rs2 today after not shoting for awhile. It took 20 or so shots to drive tacks agin. just want to know if any one eles has had this happen? Mite be me.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
It's not just you. I think it has more to do with lubricant distribution than "warming up."

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm Reply with quote
NZ Shooter
Suspended
Joined: 17 Dec 2011
Posts: 146
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
I find the that kind of happens to my Patriot, and all other springers I've owned. Maybe not 20 shot I'd say 4-5.
It by no means has any gooey crap in it, or over-lubed, but the highest chrono figures I've ever shot, most certainly were not the first few in a session.
My personal theory is that, indeed, most likely the bore does heat up after a few shots. Thus heating the lead very very slightly that is conditioned into the bore. Also too, with all that friction as the pellet passes down the bore, surely the heat generated plays a part in the velocity / accuracy initially, as opposed to a stone-cold bore.


Last edited by NZ Shooter on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Yep. Mine aren't too bad cold, but not quite right if they been sitting. If I'm going to go sit in the woods and chase squirrels and starlings, I "warm it (and me) up" in the morning or night before with 20 or so shots to get any lube moved around and blow the dust off it. Tweak the scope if need be. Then I can go sit in the woods with confidence.

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Goosehawk
Member
Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Location: North Carolina
thanks. I was maken small ajustments on the scope dearing my warming up so it was probly me and my ajustments is why it took so long. but thanks agin this is my frist springer and Im still learning about it.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
So you've already started to figure it out huh? That springers will confuse you any way they can! If I had just 50 cents for every pellet I've burned trying to figure out a springer's "problem" I'd buy a TX200 lol
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
domer_pyle wrote:
So you've already started to figure it out huh? That springers will confuse you any way they can! If I had just 50 cents for every pellet I've burned trying to figure out a springer's "problem" I'd buy a TX200 lol

+1

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Goosehawk
Member
Member
Joined: 06 Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Location: North Carolina
bought a springer so I dint have to pump up every shot I gess the next one will be a pcp. maybe a QB78 from Archer
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
I'd never give up the springers for that reason. PCPs are extras. Can't wait to get the QB78. c'moooooon mailman!

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
Springer needs to warm up? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.