 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Springer needs to warm up? |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:06 pm |
|
|
| Goosehawk |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Jan 2012 |
| Posts: 21 |
| Location: North Carolina |
|
|
 |
| got out my beeman rs2 today after not shoting for awhile. It took 20 or so shots to drive tacks agin. just want to know if any one eles has had this happen? Mite be me. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
| It's not just you. I think it has more to do with lubricant distribution than "warming up." |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:11 pm |
|
|
| NZ Shooter |
| Suspended |
|
 |
| Joined: 17 Dec 2011 |
| Posts: 146 |
| Location: Dunedin, New Zealand |
|
|
 |
I find the that kind of happens to my Patriot, and all other springers I've owned. Maybe not 20 shot I'd say 4-5.
It by no means has any gooey crap in it, or over-lubed, but the highest chrono figures I've ever shot, most certainly were not the first few in a session.
My personal theory is that, indeed, most likely the bore does heat up after a few shots. Thus heating the lead very very slightly that is conditioned into the bore. Also too, with all that friction as the pellet passes down the bore, surely the heat generated plays a part in the velocity / accuracy initially, as opposed to a stone-cold bore. |
|
Last edited by NZ Shooter on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total _________________ Webley Patriot .22 @ 28 fpe
Nikko MountMaster 4x40 AO |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:14 pm |
|
|
| radar |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 13 Nov 2011 |
| Posts: 1138 |
| Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA |
|
|
 |
| Yep. Mine aren't too bad cold, but not quite right if they been sitting. If I'm going to go sit in the woods and chase squirrels and starlings, I "warm it (and me) up" in the morning or night before with 20 or so shots to get any lube moved around and blow the dust off it. Tweak the scope if need be. Then I can go sit in the woods with confidence. |
|
_________________ It's never too late to have a happy childhood. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:00 pm |
|
|
| Goosehawk |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Jan 2012 |
| Posts: 21 |
| Location: North Carolina |
|
|
 |
| thanks. I was maken small ajustments on the scope dearing my warming up so it was probly me and my ajustments is why it took so long. but thanks agin this is my frist springer and Im still learning about it. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 pm |
|
|
| domer_pyle |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 17 Sep 2009 |
| Posts: 523 |
|
|
|
 |
| So you've already started to figure it out huh? That springers will confuse you any way they can! If I had just 50 cents for every pellet I've burned trying to figure out a springer's "problem" I'd buy a TX200 lol |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:46 pm |
|
|
| radar |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 13 Nov 2011 |
| Posts: 1138 |
| Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA |
|
|
 |
| domer_pyle wrote: |
| So you've already started to figure it out huh? That springers will confuse you any way they can! If I had just 50 cents for every pellet I've burned trying to figure out a springer's "problem" I'd buy a TX200 lol |
+1 |
|
_________________ It's never too late to have a happy childhood. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 pm |
|
|
| Goosehawk |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Jan 2012 |
| Posts: 21 |
| Location: North Carolina |
|
|
 |
| bought a springer so I dint have to pump up every shot I gess the next one will be a pcp. maybe a QB78 from Archer |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:39 pm |
|
|
| radar |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 13 Nov 2011 |
| Posts: 1138 |
| Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA |
|
|
 |
| I'd never give up the springers for that reason. PCPs are extras. Can't wait to get the QB78. c'moooooon mailman! |
|
_________________ It's never too late to have a happy childhood. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|