Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Umarex Fusion?
Umarex Fusion? 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:28 pm Reply with quote
birdmove
Did a few searches here, and didn't really come up with anything on this air rifle. Just wondering if anyone here has one, and how you like it. I've been reading reviews of the Fusion, and here is what I found out. It is super quiet, super accurate for a CO2 rifle. It uses two CO2 cartridges, but I think you could use one, if you also install an empty in one position. Rated at around 750 fps. Nice trigger of about 3 pounds. It's a bolt action single shot in .177 caliber.

Now the "buts". Has a comparatively complicated procedure and valve, for changing the CO2 cartridges. The red o-ring expands drastically, and if you try to remove the valve to put in new CO2 cans, you either can't get the valve off till you allow it to shrink down, or you might damage the red o-ring.

So, anyone have one of these? Is it really that big of a deal dealing with the valve and red o-ring?

This air rifle seems to have great accuracy out to 25 yards or so. It would be nice to have a super quiet CO2 rifle for my night time rat shooting.

Hope to hear any comments from owners on this interesting air rifle.

One question on the airguns that use the 88 gram larger CO2 can. This would be like the Umarex 850 Air Magnum rifle. Can you remove the 88 gram can without the loss of the CO2 inside it? I've only shot airguns using the 12 gram cans.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
The fusion is a Xisico XS-60C rifle with a synthetic stock put on it- everything else is identical.

The red CO2 cap o-ring (not valve, you would have no reason to worry about what o-ring may be on the valve unless you are doing a re-seal, in which case you would replace the o-ring anyways) is silicone and does absorb Co2 a bit too easily.

A proper replacement o-ring (in polyurethane) comes in this seal kit: http://airgunseals.com/product_info.php/xisico-xs60c-and-umarex-fusion-seal-kit-p-931

It is a solid rifle, based on the basic design of the Industry Brand QB78, but improved in some ways (not so much on the Co2 cap layout, unfortunately).

88g canisters have no way of removing without losing the Co2, a number of years ago a couple vendors had an adapter with an on/off lever on it- but this would be useless in rifles such as the AirMagnum 850 where the canister is covered by other parts (i.e. inside the rifle stock).

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
birdmove
Thanks for the information. Think I'll stay away from the 88 gram CO2 guns. That's too much CO2 to possibly lose through a misshap, or piece of dirt in the system or something.

I'm still considering a Fusion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
You could purchase such a rifle and hook up a 13ci HPA tank (if HPA is a direction you want to go). If the tank loses all air, it can be re-filled easily enough.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
Umarex Fusion? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles