Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself » Tell andy, goober says,"hey!"
Tell andy, goober says,"hey!" 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
j.barber
Hello all!

Hope this finds you all fat and happy and ready for the impending holidays.

I'm not new to airguns. I'm not new to air gun forums. I'm a member of GTA, and the yellow. I'm a reader, not a poster, nor the most part.

I can finally show this image to someone who can truly appreciate it. This is from a Diana #27 I picked up a couple of years ago. My only springer. I put a little tune on it.

I own several air guns and prefer them far and away more than my firearms. One reason is because I love my country, but I fear the government. They will be taking away the powder, soon. That's their loophole in the second amendment.

While I love the simplicity of the talon, I think that the career air guns are the outstanding value for the money. They are the most unbelievably powerful, accurate, work of art. They're the only air gun I've picked up that has the feel of a well made firearm. Solid and balanced.(the talon has the feel of a tool).

My "dream" is to do a home build of a big bore schutzen style PCP. Somewhere in the .308/.357/9mm range. I just don't have the time and resources like access to a machine shop, I once possessed, but still hopeful.

I've also toyed with the idea of swaging custom projectiles/pellets for like minded people, as I think the current selection of commercially available pellets, not up to "could be". I'm looking towards upwards of 50-60 grain range. I haven't completely abandoned this idea for personal use, but found that it just wasn't a commercially viable endeavor so it been back burnered.

I'm just going to tell you about this one right now, to save you from scratching your head and posting a " huh?". I lucked into what I consider a little treasure about a year ago. I found an ad on the yellow, and happened to be in the market for, a new(to me) PCP. I was actually searching for a parts gun for my home build and came across this and couldn't resist. It is a .22 rws Diana 707. It was the baby of a rws Diana and career consortium that ended up being aborted. So, its a career 707 with the rws logo stamped in front of the trigger guard. Consequently, there were probably not more than a dozen or two of these manufactured. A rare and novel piece if ever there was. It came to me in nearly new condition. I got it from a man who received it from the estate of the original owner, who apparently worked as a rep for career or Diana. It included a gun case with the shin sung logo. It remains in pristine condition. I have put pellets in the mag, once. There are three remaining.

The reason I'm here today is looking to do a tune/mod on a buddies benjiman AS392. I want to get that heavy 88gram cart off of it a go a 9oz. tank. I'm also looking for tuning tips on it. I hoping to hear from those in the know on this topic.

The air guns I own are
Career fire II 9mm, john Burroughs mod/tune
Career 707 .25 cal, john burroughs mod/tune
Career 707 gold, .25 cal, john Burroughs mod/tune
Air force talon .25 cal. Tuned.
RWSDiana 707 .25 cal.
Diana 27, tuned

So, I wish you all dime grouping and good seals.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
Robw
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just don't eat Aunt Bea's pickles.

Reflect Jesus Christ-Not your surroundings.
Tell andy, goober says,"hey!" 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself