Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » Long time no see!
Long time no see! 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Hey guys! It seems like forever since I've been here. I've had some serious problems though and I haven't been able to shoot since my car wreck on dec 27th of last year. I'm temporarlily in a wheelchair, so hunting is out right now. I really screwed up the muscles and tendons in my lower back. I also tore a disc and it's really painful. Not being able to shoot has really made my life rough though.

I didn't realize how much I depended on it to keep a good relationship with my 12 year old son. It has really suffered. I play xbox, cards, dominoes and other games with him but it's not the same. THis weekend though it's supposed to be halfway nice so pain be damned, we are going hunting for rats in the barn.I don't have to walk far, and I can sit down a lot. I need this badly.

I also started college and it takes up almost all of my time. I even have classes form 8:30 till 2:30 on saturday! I have an internet class that everything is due on sunday night, so I don't have much time for anything. Even my weekends are packed.

I bought a new pistol 2 weeks ago and I've literally shot one pellet through it just to make sure it worked. It's a gamo PT-85 blowback and it's sweet. It is LOUD! I will post some pics of it as soon as I have time. Im going to shoot it sunday as long as it;s at least 40. lol it won't have much power and I won't get many shots, but dammit I need to shoot! Twisted Evil

Anyway, I hope you guys haven't forgotten me, because I certainly haven't forgotten about you. It's just been painful to come to the site when I can't say "Well, I wennt shooting and did this and that with my son and etc..". It was just such a big part of my life. Now it isn't and I am struggling. Hope to hear from everybody especially eric, slavia. bob and Al. I miss you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Sholo
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well....I'm not Eric, Slavia, Bob or Al but regardless, I still missed seeing you around, Oddtodd! Was wondering what became of you.

Sorry to hear of the problems with your back and such. I've had back problems for almost 30yrs now and know what a pain (both figuratively and literally) it can be. Just don't over-exert it and push it too far and hopefully you will be back in fine form before too long.

For hunting in your present condition, you need one of them electric wheelchairs that have all-terrain tracks fitted on 'em! Laughing

Take care.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Welcome back Todd, sorry to hear about your accident but hopefully your on the mend now. My favourite sport shooting rats in a barn, you can sit down on a comfortable bale of straw rest the gun on another and have a six pack by your side. What could be better.

Al

Long time no see! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic