Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » My last tree...
My last tree... 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Well, they came and cut down the last bird hunting tree in my yard. The storm took one and the landlord had this last one butchered up and removed since it is a liability. These old pines were over 40 years old and got me many-a-confirmed kills.

It's not all bad though. The birds I hunt are opportunists and one came in and was pecking through the saw dust not more than an hour after the tree men left. I got the .22 and put the hammer down on him. It caught it right through the breast meat, and the bird stood for a moment before falling dead. The vitals were punctured, but it destroyed the entire sternum and probably sent a shock wave through that bird that stopped its heart. Taking a bear cub .22 at 7 yards will do that. Dinner for me tonight....again.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting