Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » R1 Velocities....Pleased...
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
R1 Velocities....Pleased... 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Pelletgun Nut
Member
Member
Joined: 28 May 2009
Posts: 22
Location: San Francisco area
The gun has been improving day by day! I guess they really do need a break in! Getting velocities now in the low 800's. I do not even care if they get higher.

I gave up a lot to get this gun. I sold 3 good "burners" to help finance this.

The linkage arm has a bit of play in it, but I am not going to worry about it.

Just takes time for me to become confident in a new anything. I believe my confidence will grow with time.

Thanks to everyone here, helping out a "newbie".

Best

Bob
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
patience! from what i know beeman does not overstate power. last summer i testfired at mac-1 an r-9 DG over his chrony. they say 750fps. i shot and rws hobby (most commonly used for fps specs) and it went........ 750fps. exactly. in .22

i didn't have $500 Crying or Very sad so i bought a b-26 (clone) instead.

your rifle boasts 20.8 fpe if i am correct. Cool

chrony it in another month and you might be more suprised. Surprised

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Glad to hear you are getting it worked out.

Break-in on a springer is a "real" concept, not just something people get told so a manufacturer can ignore problems until the customer goes away. Fortunately, you stuck it out where alot of other people might have thrown in the towel and either returned the rifle or put it in the closet and been upset about it for quite awhile.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Pelletgun Nut
Member
Member
Joined: 28 May 2009
Posts: 22
Location: San Francisco area
Thanks for your responses. It is making fine progress. I am learning a lot here!

I don't give up easy. Just that air rifles are quite new to me. I have had my Sherdian and Beeman C1 for 25 yrs or so, but never did much with them.

Shame on me! I have been missing out on a lot of fun!

BTW, both the C1 & Sherdian still work great! The R1 is in a different league though!

Best

Bob
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Right, the R1/HW80: Great in it's simplicity! Just take the HW30 and oversize it!

IF the internals ever break down, get a good tuning done. It'll be even better! Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
R1 Velocities....Pleased... 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.