 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | R1 Velocities....Pleased... |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:14 pm |
|
|
| Pelletgun Nut |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 28 May 2009 |
| Posts: 22 |
| Location: San Francisco area |
|
|
 |
The gun has been improving day by day! I guess they really do need a break in! Getting velocities now in the low 800's. I do not even care if they get higher.
I gave up a lot to get this gun. I sold 3 good "burners" to help finance this.
The linkage arm has a bit of play in it, but I am not going to worry about it.
Just takes time for me to become confident in a new anything. I believe my confidence will grow with time.
Thanks to everyone here, helping out a "newbie".
Best
Bob |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:33 pm |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
patience! from what i know beeman does not overstate power. last summer i testfired at mac-1 an r-9 DG over his chrony. they say 750fps. i shot and rws hobby (most commonly used for fps specs) and it went........ 750fps. exactly. in .22
i didn't have $500 so i bought a b-26 (clone) instead.
your rifle boasts 20.8 fpe if i am correct.
chrony it in another month and you might be more suprised.  |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:23 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Glad to hear you are getting it worked out.
Break-in on a springer is a "real" concept, not just something people get told so a manufacturer can ignore problems until the customer goes away. Fortunately, you stuck it out where alot of other people might have thrown in the towel and either returned the rifle or put it in the closet and been upset about it for quite awhile. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:19 pm |
|
|
| Pelletgun Nut |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 28 May 2009 |
| Posts: 22 |
| Location: San Francisco area |
|
|
 |
Thanks for your responses. It is making fine progress. I am learning a lot here!
I don't give up easy. Just that air rifles are quite new to me. I have had my Sherdian and Beeman C1 for 25 yrs or so, but never did much with them.
Shame on me! I have been missing out on a lot of fun!
BTW, both the C1 & Sherdian still work great! The R1 is in a different league though!
Best
Bob |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:11 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
Right, the R1/HW80: Great in it's simplicity! Just take the HW30 and oversize it!
IF the internals ever break down, get a good tuning done. It'll be even better!  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|