Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » What scope is on your magnum springer?
What scope is on your magnum springer? 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
While my 1377 was apart getting new bits and pieces I put the scope (Leapers UTG 4x32) on my Tech Force 89 and was making some pretty decent groups, but when it went back on the 1377 I was shooting everywhere. Thought it was the new barrel but with a different scope it's shooting the way it should again.

So to be more specific, what scope has held up to your rifle after putting in some good use? Just getting an idea of what to compare when I get around to replacing the now dead one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:05 am Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've had good luck with UTG SWAT scopes. I have the 3-12 SWAT compact on my .177 NP, a 3-12 SWAT full size that has ridden on 3 springers, and may soon be returning to my Diana 460 Magnum. The full size did fail last year, and my current one is a factory replacement (likely a refurb) which works well. Both SWATs are 30mm tubes. I have a UTG 1" tube 3-12 Scope with adjustable end bell objective, and it has been on the Diana since I got it, with no problems, tho I must admit I don't shoot the Diana nearly as much as my Crosman NPs. The SWATs were all just over $100.00, and I think the other was just under $90.00 when I bought it. I've always wanted to try a Hawk, Vortex, or other "higher end" scope, but I am always afraid that my springers will just kill them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:11 am Reply with quote
Mentolio
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How could I forget?!?
My oldest A/O scope is my Center Point 4-16 A/O, I/R, and available at WalMart for around $70.00. It has taken a turn on every gun I own, and never given me a lick of trouble in three or four years. It currently resides on my Venom Dusk-stocked Benji Trail, which is a hammer (Chrony'd in the 780s with 14.3 CPs). It's long and heavy, but has a nice reticle and holds zero like a champ!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
I have a Hawk Varmint 3-12 x 44 AO on my Air-Arms TX200 It’s been on it for 8 years now and I have shot over 30,000 pellets through it, with no problems and very rarely do I have to adjust it,
Mentolio Hawks are guaranteed to work on any Springer

Al

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:21 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Hawke is the first name that came to mind but I figured I'd ask, never owned one and CenterPoint is the only brand I've had on a magnum springer. The two CP 4-16x40 scopes currently on my .25 Mrod and 397 came from FartMart (pretty sure) but the one bought within the last month or two has the TAG reticle which is fine for the 397 but I really like the dots for hunting in the woods, which is what my TF-89 would be doing once glassed.

Thanks for chiming in, I'll keep those ideas in mind even though they were two prime candidates already
What scope is on your magnum springer? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics