Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » valve to barrel seal washer-1985 Daisy 880
valve to barrel seal washer-1985 Daisy 880 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
lledbetter2266
Hi, does anyone have any good ideas or resources on the web, where I can find the nylon washer (or seal) between the air chamber and the barrel on the Daisy 880 produced in the mid-80's? Mine is rotted to pieces, and a certain website suggested using inner tube rubber, cutting to size, but that has not worked at all. .. . I have rebuilt all the rest of the internals; new pump o-ring, new chamber seals and spring, new exhaust valve, but the piece in question has been very hard to find.. .
Any suggestions or tips on where to find this part, or, how to make something that will work, would be greatly appreciated!
L.L.

Sheridan C9 20cal (5mm)
Benjamin 392
RWS Diana 460 .177
RWS Diana 350 .177
Daisy 130A (Milbro .177-Spanish version)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:57 am Reply with quote
MombaxXxFire
I to am looking for parts for this gun sorry i dont have an answer for you but im looking for the sheet metal shroud and front sights the locking pins made of plastic that lock into the shroud are barely existent and the barrel pops out every time i fire the gun. and the shroud is all dented and untrue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
ZipSnipe
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know you can call Daisy and they will email you a pdf of your gun. You can then find out your part number and order it through them.

http://www.daisy.com/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
MombaxXxFire
For the 80's model powerline 880?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:16 am Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Can it be replaced with common o-ring, or is it a square profile? (o-ring might work anyway, or plumber's valve stem packing--in a pinch).

If you can measure it accurately, and Daisy can't get on to you, I would try Mc Master-Carr. Grainger might have them, but require an account. MC allows private credit card orders online, They have a huge catalog of industrial parts and raw materials.

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
DougInAZ
In case anyone in the future lands on this thread looking for the seal that goes between the action casting and the barrel in a metal frame 880 or 882, and any other model that uses the basic 880 action, you can still buy them from Daisy, but you have to know what to ask for.

I volunteered to take a look at a friend's eldest's 882 that was purchased in the late 70s to the early 80s. It has what I assume is the same metal frame as the 880 of that era, where the barrel is clamped to the casting and a rectangular nylon seal goes between the valve outlet and the barrel.

Daisy still uses that part in the 853, and presumably the 953 and the 753. If you get the parts breakdown, you will not locate it because they left it out. But, if you specifically request the SPACER that goes between the Frame and the barrel, you will get exactly the part you are looking for.

In the 853 variants, the part is used as a spacer to tension the barrel and keep it from rattling around in the barrel band.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
DougInAZ
Oops, When I said 882 above, I should have said 822. It looks like there are/were a series of .22 cal rifles based upon the 880 action. These include the SG22, 822, 922, and maybe some others. From what I've seen, on the 822, it looks like the main difference in the internals is in the barrel. The 822 has a .22 brass barrel that is turned down on both ends to match (I believe) the diameter of the .177 barrel. It looks like it could be converted to a .177 with nothing more than a barrel and the bolt.

I am getting the impression that Daisy, unlike car manufacturers will continue to use a part in a lot of other applications. For example, the pump rod in the old metal frame 880 actions is identical to the current production except for the replacement of the felt washer with a foam one, and a slightly different piston face to work in the later actions. But, the good news is that if you need part of the old pump rod, you can order a new one and it will be identical except for the piston, which can be exchanged from the old one. Even the cup seal seems to be the same, in spite of the significant difference in the way the pump tube attaches.
So, for the person looking for parts for an obsolete gun, get the diagrams for similar ones that have parts stocked and look for parts that look like they could be the same. If you are a gambler, chances are it's a good bet.
Nice going Daisy!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I am not sure what you are attempting to describe, though new parts should be work. Purchase from Daisy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
DavidSaunders
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
@DougInAZ:
Thank you for that information on parts. I will be getting a couple of older Daisy's soon (an 880 and an 881), and had wondered about the interchangeability of parts, especially seals with the newer parts. I am bookmarking this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
robert w
I found some thick small diameter orings and 1 worked out ok in 1 I fixed for a friend last year, still shooting fine and his 13 no time goes by 14 year old son is happy

,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
valve to barrel seal washer-1985 Daisy 880 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles