Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols » Crossman 1300 Leaks
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Crossman 1300 Leaks 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote
agnovice
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Schertz, Texas
I bought this pistol new back in the 1970's and installed it's first seal kit myself about 2 years ago and maybe have shot the pistol 200 times since then with no problems.

Recently I removed the grip frame and sent it off for coating. Got it back, reassembled the grip frame and installed it back onto the top portion of the pistol.

Now, all of a sudden, I can hear air escaping with each pump, and, of course, there is no pressure and it won't shoot.

I"ve checked my grip frame reassembly and can find nothing wrong.

I did not take any of the parts out of the air tube until it started this leaking problem.

So, I took it all apart again, this time disassembling the parts out of the air tube; I wiped all excess oil off each part, inspected seals for tears and metal parts for grit, etc., and reassembled the entire pistol.

It still does the same thing.

I'm thinking there's a problem with the check valve since I can hear it hiss every time I pump it.

Should I just spring for another seal kit? Any other ideas?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
take the valve out of the middle and open it up . there is a kit made for it , but it might have stuck or the spring broke, or its worn. sometimes you clean them up and rub a small dab of vasolinie on it and reasemble n it works fine then. be my suggestion , my 130 does this every now and then . after you have it apart the first time its not bad to work on

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
agnovice
New Member
New Member
Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 2
Location: Schertz, Texas
robert w,

Thanks very much for your reply. I did have the valve apart today that you are talking about.

Spring was ok; wondering if that plastic or nylon check valve (part #1400A029) is worn out already?

I'll take the valve apart again, apply some vasaline as you suggest and try it.
View user's profile Send private message
Crossman 1300 Leaks 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pistols
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.