Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Sharing my new 'Toy'
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Sharing my new 'Toy' 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
AGBug
Member
Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Illinois / Wisconsin / Global
Hello fellow AGH members.

I wanted to share my joy of obtaining a Benjamin Trail NP from another air gunner who had bought this beauty just before Thanksgiving 2012. He had put a few hundred rounds through it, but then he purchased a Marauder not too long afterwards and getting himself on the hot seat from his wife for the extra expenditure. Long story short, he had to give somewhere and he gave on the Benjamin.

I have always wanted a Benji in .177, and when I saw it I couldn't resist. The one thing I have always read was how quiet the Benji was and they were correct. Compared to my other break barrels, she's a whisperer. I closed the deal on one day (PayPal) and the following she arrived UPS Ground (from MI to IL).

Have a look of the Benji reassembled at my home with the original scope and sling:



It came also with the factory 3x9-40AO mil dot scope which I sighted in today just for giggles but I am actually impressed with it. After sighting in at 35yds using the first pellet I grabbed (Crosman Premier Hollow Points @ 7.9gr), I was hitting nickle sized mini travel shampoo caps from that distance (yes I had a bunch collected; I travel a lot for business). Tomorrow when it's not raining here off and on, I will see how she handles my heavier pellets.

My only hiccup is I wish the AO was side knob, but this is what they stuck on the combo and I am not going to complain about it too much. I have plenty of other scopes to mount on her if I end up not liking it, but for now this is how she'll rest.

It also has to stock metal trigger which has a long crawl but not as long as a Gamo and not flimsy either), but i do have a GRT-III on order for her which I did the same day I closed the deal.

Anyway, this is her. Now I have to come up with a name.

Yes, I name my rifles, don't you? Cool

Thanks for looking.

_________________
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
Nice!
I like the strap. Mine didn't come with one, but the box was open so maybe it was supposed to. (came with the scope though)

You'll enjoy that I bet.

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
AGBug
Member
Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Illinois / Wisconsin / Global
radar wrote:
Nice!
I like the strap. Mine didn't come with one, but the box was open so maybe it was supposed to. (came with the scope though)

You'll enjoy that I bet.


So far I am very pleased, thanks! Very Happy

_________________
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
Enjoy it! I like that stock! I have lots of kills with my Titan .22, I'm sure that will serve you well!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
AGBug
Member
Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Illinois / Wisconsin / Global
toadmyster223 wrote:
Enjoy it! I like that stock! I have lots of kills with my Titan .22, I'm sure that will serve you well!


I love it, but let me tell you though, this stock is heavy! At 8lbs without the scope, clears my Gamos by 2-2.5lbs. Unlike some of my Gamo's which have synthetic stocks and needed to be filled to get rid of that hollow sound, this baby doesn't need that at all. Just holding it you can feel how solid it is Smile.

Thanks!

_________________
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
Thats great, I had a Gamo and I know how hollow and junky they are. Replaced it with a similar Winchester stock.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:59 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
I have that same scope on my custom 2400. I love it. I call it my sniper scope. First I adjust the ao for general target acquisition, then I dial it in to hi power for my shot. Does yours have the litght up reticle? Mine does and it's great for rats in barns. I think you will get used to the AO and like it. It's a very accurate scope.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
AGBug
Member
Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Illinois / Wisconsin / Global
oddtodd wrote:
I have that same scope on my custom 2400. I love it. I call it my sniper scope. First I adjust the ao for general target acquisition, then I dial it in to hi power for my shot. Does yours have the litght up reticle? Mine does and it's great for rats in barns. I think you will get used to the AO and like it. It's a very accurate scope.


That's the only thing I don't like about it: it doesn't have illuminated reticles.

I have a Leapers 3-12x44 Accushot SWAT AO's on two of my rifles with illuminated mil dot reticles and you can get '36' colors (well basically many different colors at different intensities that is) and they work very well, but i will have to say, this packaged 3-9x40, as of so far, is pretty sweet! Unless something really goes wrong with it, I think I will keep it on her.

I do have other scopes, but they all are full-sized 44mm AO's, over a foot long and weigh in between 19 & 21oz; a lot of weight to tack on a rifle already sitting pretty at 8lbs Neutral.

My only thing is again, the adjustment for the AO is at the objective lens end, instead of a side turret parallax adjustment dial. Prior to my target shooting on a toy monkey yesterday, I had a great chance at a starling which decided to perch up on an unused power line which ran from my house to the garage. It was just outside where I had set the scope in on, and although I slowly crept my hand forward, he locked on to me and broke Dodge. Oh well, next time!

They love my yard because it's huge and I get a lot of bluejays and cardinals which they bully, and they tear apart several nesting birds nests (the filthy things).

_________________
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
AGBug
Member
Member
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Location: Illinois / Wisconsin / Global
toadmyster223 wrote:
Thats great, I had a Gamo and I know how hollow and junky they are. Replaced it with a similar Winchester stock.


Which stock if you don't mind me asking, and did you have to mod it in any way to get it to fit?

_________________
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -- Dr. Carl Sagan

Proud member of the National Rifle Association and serving as a two-time enlistee in two branches of the US military (USN/USAF - Currently a USAF Reservist)
View user's profile Send private message
Sharing my new 'Toy' 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.