Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » Benjamin 130 questions
Benjamin 130 questions 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Buck13
I found a Benjamin Franklin 130 airpistol in my parents' house. Not sure where they got it, since I'm fairly certain it wasn't here when I lived with them.

Do these have any collector value? This one has little or no rust, but the bluing is badly worn near the pump handle. See photo below. I can't find a serial number on it. Did they stamp them?

Unless it is unexpectedly valuable, I might like to shoot it at home. I have a 7 meter space where I can shoot. For an average shooter, what kind of groups would you expect at that range?

Nice Find 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
lledbetter2266
I have a good friend who has owned one of this model since new. They are great air pistols, probably last a lifetime.
Accuracy you ask? This model is exceptionally accurate, able to hit silver-dollar sized spinners at 30 yards. That means the grouping, if you are steady enough, will be about an inch at 30 yards, with 12 pumps (the manual lists 12 pumps as maximum).
Important!!!! When pumping the pistol, NEVER grip the barrel when pumping. Since the barrel is spaced above the cylinder, you can BEND the barrel by gripping it while pumping. . Instead, hold the pistol grip, while pumping.
I think this model pistol has a leather pump cup, but I can't remember if my friend mentioned that or not. It could be rubber. In any case, it is IMPORTANT to keep it oiled properly, to achieve proper sealing of the cylinder. But do not over oil.

Sheridan C9 20cal (5mm)
Benjamin 392
RWS Diana 460 .177
RWS Diana 350 .177
Daisy 130A (Milbro .177-Spanish version)
Here's my old Benjamin/Sheridan Pistol 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
lledbetter2266
I thought I'd also share my old pistol. This is a 1992 model Benjamin/Sheridan HB17. They still make these, so it's not a collector.. But, it's still very fun to shoot, and extremely accurate out to 30 yards or so. I can nail the spinners at that range, if I can hold steady enough. Power is about 410 fps at 8 pumps (maximum with this model). Like your old pistol, these tend to last forever.
L.L.

Sheridan C9 20cal (5mm)
Benjamin 392
RWS Diana 460 .177
RWS Diana 350 .177
Daisy 130A (Milbro .177-Spanish version)
Benjamin 130 questions 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns