Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » 30 yr Old BB Matic
30 yr Old BB Matic 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
For a 30 + year old gun this shoots nicer than some of my modern day stuff in the same class, at 30 ft indoors it's a blast (from the past) Hardly any parts inside and almost zero maintenance, however the Co2 seal is a little worn and needs replacement. Seems to hit pretty hard too. I like the design, you just throw bb's in the top, it's pretty quick. Must have shot 500 rounds out of this thing in the house on this 15 deg day Mr. Green

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
CENTURION
Seals from the 357 pistol work well, put one in and it seals like new Mr. Green
Very cool! 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
lledbetter2266
That is a very cool old pistol. I remember those, and had friend who owned one back in '79 or '80 I think it was. I thought it was a Daisy, but I can't remember.. Who made it?
I used to have a 1985 model Crosman 38T, the long barrel version CO2 pellet pistol, revolver. It looked like a 38 smith and wesson, sort of. Only the grips were plastic. But, it's seal went bad. I tried to replace it, but could not re-assemble the gun, got frustrated, and threw it away. That was about 12 years ago, before I had any idea of internet air gun forums. Darn it! Oh well, now I have a new Crosman 2300KT pistol. It's single shot bolt action, but man it shoots real sweet!
Thanks for sharing the picture of your old BB matic. .It would be so much fun to find one of those for sale somewhere.
L.L.

Sheridan C9 20cal (5mm)
Benjamin 392
RWS Diana 460 .177
RWS Diana 350 .177
Daisy 130A (Milbro .177-Spanish version)
Air Guns 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
CENTURION
I got back into air guns a month or so ago after about a 8 year break. With all of the youtube videos on how to repair and refurbish guns, it's a lot more enjoyable. The firing mechanism had me a little stumped on this one, but it's pretty easy and I got it back together. The date wheel on the inside casting is 1982. These old guns are fun to refurbish, I almost threw this one out as well, thankfully I didn't, it's nice for plinking and pretty accurate. I'd like to find some of those old wood stock Crossman carbine models. Mr. Green
30 yr Old BB Matic 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns