Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns » Atlas air rifle
Atlas air rifle 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
hbrododge
This is a single shot Atlas made in NY around 1900. I've had this air gun since 1950. The fella before me got it when new. Now is the time to find a new owner. But, I need to understand value. It is in pretty good shape but for one major flaw. The casting is broken as shown in the picture. I can't recall how I broke it. It still cocks and fires. But, I suspect it is only good for hanging on a wall. Anybody out there have a sense of what I should ask for it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
lledbetter2266
I could not find any information on that gun. I'm sure there is someone at jgairgun.biz that might be able to help you out.. Because, they are not only a great site for finding parts, but also they are interested in antique air guns. Maybe if you get in touch with them, they could give you an idea of the value.
I would love to have that rifle. The crack can be repaired with jb weld ("JB Steel"). That is some strong epoxy, and would match the color pretty well. Then any overflow of the epoxy, once cured, could be smoothed out with a drimmel tool. That repair could be made easily, and not be very noticeable.

Sheridan C9 20cal (5mm)
Benjamin 392
RWS Diana 460 .177
RWS Diana 350 .177
Daisy 130A (Milbro .177-Spanish version)
Atlas air rifle 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Antique, Collector and Novelty Airguns