Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » What kind of things could increase the resale value?
What kind of things could increase the resale value? 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Westonhill
I just saw someone trying to sell a TX200 HC, tuned by a famous gunsmith, with a piece of beautiful Turkish walnut stock for $900 USD (non-scoped). I am pretty sure this is a fair price given the value of the gun itself and all the custom work that's been done to the gun, but I doubt he can easily sell his. This makes me wonder what kind of custom work you do to a gun would make it more desirable and hence increase its resale value.

As for me, I probably will not pay more if someone tells me that his gun was tuned by some famous Mr. Gunsmith. However, if he tells me that his gun has a very "backyard friendly" shroud/muzzle brake, I probably will go for it. The same thing, I am sure, doesn't value much to those European folks, like The Mr. Al Stone. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quote
BEANER
The other day i viewed an auction on gunbrokers.com. The guy was selling a slavia 630,0r 631 which was tuned by some famous tuner. The gun was perfect, it only sold for 120.00 usd or close too that number. That is a whole lot lower than the price of a used and in slightly rough shape slavia here in the u.s. So it all depends who is in the market for said gun and who happens to get a chance to purchase it. I caught the auction after it ended. I saw a tx200 the other day in the classifieds for 200 bucks, it was a junior model though but came with everything. The guy really took good care of it. I think the only way to get a lot of cash from a gun is to make it custom. That is hard work and the rewards of blood and sweat is usually worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
"Custom" in any sort of market is usually NOT good for resale value. Tastes and desires and opinions differ. The best comparison I can think of would be someone selling a customized car- what a 16-year-old highschool kid wants in a customization is likely not even close to what a 40 or 60 year old guy would want- thus no enhancement to its overall resale value unless exactly the right buyer is looking at it. Often, sellers grow tired of showing it over and over with no buyers, so they let it go at a huge loss.

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The outdoorsman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
if you are looking to do this you might have better luck asking someone what they want done then doing it for them Smile

Shooting Pistols

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:01 pm Reply with quote
BEANER
I am saying custom as a nice stock with thumbhole etc. Something that has been handcrafted with the utmost care. Also engraving will add value too. Things like that. Sorry i should of evaluated. Im no where close to the age of 16 , i am 31 though. Maybe if i was around 70 i would not want an airgun that reminds me of a sportcompact car with noens and groundeffects. Spinners might be an option though, hehe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I recon that if I buy a Slavia, lube it, and sell it, I can get at least 10 Euro more for it. If someone's into airguns, he will also pay that 10 Euro extra.

A good lube increases value, I say.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think if somebody has taken care of all the work as for example, taken the time to hone/ polish stuff such as a trigger tune or re-polish/lube the power plant and such, then it should be able to bring in a few extra dollars.

If after market parts are added like a custom stock or parts, then it should be worth more also.
What kind of things could increase the resale value? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics