Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » TruGlo Triton TG8365B Reflex Sight Review
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
TruGlo Triton TG8365B Reflex Sight Review 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:29 am Reply with quote
yourdaddyjoe
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Joined: 26 May 2008
Posts: 4027
Location: Tatorville, USA
After 2 months of use, I thought it was time to do a short review on the TruGlo Triton.

I was searching for a "Open" reflex sight to replace my Sightmark Sureshot which when new, was a great reflex sight. The issue with the Sureshot was it was only one color, Red. In the late afternoon with the sun at it's brightest, the sun would wash out the reticle, thus ending my shooting day...

After a few years the Sureshot became unreliable. It would shut down after a few shots and I would have to smack it around to get it to work again.

What I was looking for...

2.5 MOA as to not cover my target with a large dot.
Multi Color reticle.
Multi Pattern reticle. (what I loved the most about the Sureshot)
Variable brightness
Open Body. IMHO best for shooting with both eyes open
Small foot print Weaver rail mounting
+/- $100 price point

My search results...

The TruGlo Triton Model TG8365B

I purchased one from CTD back in April. One of the few dealers that carried it since this model came out after Shot Show and did not get all the press...

What's good:
2 months and +/- 2000 rounds since "sight in" and it's held true.
Love the sharp & bright 2.5 MOA Reticle.
Reticle visible in all lighting conditions that I've ran into.
Red, Green & Blue Reticle. (I used the Blue the least as it is for very low light)
Removable sunshade
Great ergonomics for my Charger (Truck Monkey).
Small Foot Print for pistol
Easy controls
Great battery life
Does not give me "Tunnel Vision" like a "Closed Tube" red dot.
Keeping both eyes open when shooting on the move is easy with this one.
Lifetime Warranty!
Cost less than $100 to my door.

Dislikes...
It's UGLY! almost sissy looking.

I only ruled model TG8380B out because it was only dual color. IMHO it looked tougher but I was going more for function.



www.truglo.com

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/717096/truglo-triton-red-dot-sight-red-green-and-blue-4-pattern-reticle-25-moa-dot-5-moa-dot-25-moa-center-dot-5-moa-center-dot-with-inegral-weaver-style-mount-matte

_________________

Say "NO" to BB Gun Wars... Quid Pro Quo Rule: An eye for an eye...
www.HPASports.com www.Facebook.com/hpasports
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TruGlo Triton TG8365B Reflex Sight Review 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.