Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » My newly camouflaged air rifles Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
My newly camouflaged air rifles 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member

I'm new here and thought I'd show off my boys. I've got here a Hammerli Storm 22, a gamo shadow 1000, a TechForce 67, and an RWS 5G. I experimented with a few different styles of camo on these, just using krylon spray paint. I think no matter what environment I'm in I'll have a gun with suitable camo for it. Plus, I think they just look cooler with a paint job!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
You're quite the artist with that Roger- how long did it take to paint the Hammerli?

Looks very good in any event. How is the Krylon holding up on the synthetics/plastics?

Also- Welcome to AirGunHome!

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
The hardest part of the Hammerli was taping it off. That took about an hour. Because I had to cut all the strips of tape and apply them properly and trim them. The painting only took a few minutes. I then went back and had to paint highlights on the negative space left by the tape I removed. I just used a q-tip and quickly did it. That type of work is best done quickly as you want a rough and imperfect look to simulate bark. So I'd say it was only a couple hours of work there.

I'm pretty much convinced you could spray krylon on anything. I've even painted fabrics with it and it holds up fine. The only issue is that when you scrape it against hard things it will scratch it off a little, but these aren't mona lisas, they are just air rifles. The imperfections are all part of the camo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
those look really awesome Rogerflat!

I just painted over my winter camo rifle to try and give it hokie orange and maroon camo using the pine needle method but I messed it up and have to redo it

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Yeah, the cool thing is that you can paint over the gun again and again if you want. I painted my Gamo like three times already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:55 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
The realtree one looks pretty nice.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member

I re-did the gamo and the 5g. I think they look better now.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
ok, howd you do those two? and not just the black lines(i assume those were just taped) but howd you do the base camo? it blends very well

the camo im doing on my gun in virginia tech colors looks like crap. I might just give up cause orange, maroon, and white done seem to go together to make a good camo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:46 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Looks like an Airbrush jobby to me, could be an aerosol paint one though maybe.

Looks great though!!! Cool

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:06 pm Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
heres my hokie camo paint job. it would probably work pretty well if i was hiding in a pile of leaves but its ugly as hell. i may just go back to the winter camo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Dedpool, all I did was apply stripes of spray paint in a very loose random manner on all sides of the guns. The rifle I used beige, green, and brown. And just beige and brown on the pistol. I actually just took a sharpie and drew on the branches (the sharpie stays amazingly well too). I'm not sure why you painted over that cool winter camo, especially going with flourescent colors. It kind of looks cool still but I can't imagine would serve as effective camouflage. As you can see below, my gun blends in well with my desert ghilie suit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
To finish it, you might add some ghillie-stuff to the gun. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I actually recently put some desert storm camo fabric around the barrel and scope to help cut down on the glare. I have another wrap made out of the same under-fabric I used on the ghillie suite that I can wrap around it too. I had a leafy forest ghilie wrap on that rifle for months but got tired of it. I'll have to take another picture of the new one I did and post it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
You should, and if you don't I'll see to it that you get banned. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Well, in order to not get banned, here are the latest pics.

I basically just took some excess fabric from my BDU's and cut a long strip which I wrapped around the barrel tightly. I did stitch it on one end, but it is not a permanent fixture. The cover around the scope actually velcros on the bottom so I can take it off as I see fit in order to adjust the scope.

I then took a different type of fabric (what I used for my ghillie suit) and just wraped it around the rifle to break up the shape. It adds a little more depth and texture and it can be easily removed as well. Also, notice that there is no fabric or anything that would otherwise obstruct the break barrel mechanism during cocking or loading. That is why that one part of the gun is still exposed. It's nice to do this on an already lightweight synthetic stock rifle because all that fabric and glue does add about another pound to the overall weight.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery