Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » This snow storm is making for some great birding!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
This snow storm is making for some great birding! 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
They're all so confused. Anywhere that actually has a patch of grass is just congregating birds. I've shot 3 starlings, a dove, a sparrow, and a crow so far. I shoveled off a spot out in the yard and put some bread down, and I should have a good afternoon. Its funny how starlings are drawn to anything white or whitish laying in the yard. Last week I blew up a leftover Easter lamb-shaped pound cake with something like an M-80 (It was a cracker bomb, if anyone is familiar). It scattered minuscule dots of cake everywhere for 40 feet, and against the base of a tree it was near. All week, starlings were in the yard picking up those tiny white pieces of cake.

They must see snow differently, because they don't seem to mind it really. Not completely migratory, after all.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote
grizzlyadams
Member
Member
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 24
Location: nys
i ahve to agree. i'm in nys. i have shot 17 starlings today already! almost 2 more hours of light to go!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
What are you shooting? I took mine with my Gamo Viper...shot that sparrow at about 8 paces, it was sort of gruesome :P
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
robert w
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Posts: 574
Location: usa
i been shootin starlings daily for the last 2 months and seems for every 1 killed 5 come to his funeral and dont go home ... nasty birds

_________________
,crosman 400,gamo big cat in .22, diana 5g,diana 54 air king, diana 34 in .22 diana 34 in .177, wilrauch hw-55,and a romainian pioner training rifle , and a huge collection of powder burners 35 last count . 1 would think i have a gun store
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm Reply with quote
toadmyster223
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 501
Location: Fayette Nam, PA
I don't have THAT many where I live, I wish I did. I live right outside the main metropolitan (if you'd call it that) area, and sometimes some pigeons pass through in the morning, I wish I more of those to shoot too, haha. Around here I'm lucky to get 5 starlings in a day. They used to be a lot more plentiful, but over the last 12 years of living here all the birds and squirrels really seem to have wisened up, and practice extreme caution...

Of course, we had to put our old tomcat down, and the rabbit population is BOOMING this year Thumb Up! v2
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
radar
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 13 Nov 2011
Posts: 1138
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, USA
toadmyster223 wrote:
I don't have THAT many where I live, I wish I did.

Me too. I like cleaning them out. Nasty things.

_________________
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
grizzlyadams
Member
Member
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 24
Location: nys
my rws34 in 177. today i'm gonna use the gamo cfx.
View user's profile Send private message
This snow storm is making for some great birding! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.