Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic » What projects are people working on?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
What projects are people working on? 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I've been collecting bits/pieces lately to further along this "hobby".

My list of stuff:

1) I've got my Beta Master Chrony to actually start measuring my guns and any mods I get done.

2) Got a cheap clip-on bi-pod (as in one you can buy from any online retailer for $8)- plastic, held on by a single spring- but it functions and doesn't fall off. My aim- to be able to sit on my porch in a chair to shoot at targets (yup, I'm getting old AND lazy).

3) Got a spring kit for a Quest.

4) Am waiting for some other Quest parts from Crosman in order to fiddle around with either a 500 or a 1000 (haven't decided which yet- will buy when the time comes).

5) Am waiting on two teeny, brand-new 4x20 Crosman 0410 scopes coming from a liquidation seller on Ebay (less than $10 each, to my door). Not great units, but good enough that I figured I'd put them on a toy or two.

6) Figuring out what else I can do with that disaster of a product, the Crosman 1077, to get its power level up. The one I have shoots 440fps (maximum) and that's with a couple of mods already. So I ordered a transfer tube from Crosman to see if I can maybe bore it out, then I'll try another valve mod and hopefully not FUBAR it. Mind you, even if I screwed the gun up royally- at this point it wouldn't be much of a loss.

7) Need to build a spring compressor. This one: http://www.kermitairgunclub.com/airguntips/compressor/ -seems simple enough to put together, I have the materials, and apparently it works A-Ok.


So- what is everyone else working on right now?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:41 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Nobody else have any projects 'on the go'?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
leadman
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 215
i have a 12 guage im hoping to modify a bit, and one that needs to be fixed, im getting my qb78 tuned and im refinishing the stock (again) i just finished a hunting pistol out of a 2240 ill post pics later

thats all that work and funds allow right now

_________________
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=huntingcanada
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
well if you don't mind. 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
herne2007
New Member
New Member
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 6
these are uk spec guns.
blackfox pc1 no28 of a 100..the bloke that built these did not continue in the business i brought the gun new over 10 yrs ago it is a .20 cal rotary breech pre charge with a very strange stock forend will post pic once i sort how to.
i am in the process of re valving this beast and fitting a .177 barrel this gun has shot over 5000 rabbits and a unknow number of pigeons (feral)as i used it for my work as a pest control tech for over 6 yrs it never let me down until i decided to have it serviced by a local gunshop they killed it now i do all my own work.
b and m webley tracker .22 this little beaut is a full bullpup conversion which i am in the process of converting to gas ram handy little close range hunter walnut stock.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:08 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Same problem around here- most "gun" shops can't figure out an airgun for love or money.

Also- to post pictures here it's easy. Have them ready to "upload" over the web- make a new post (or edit one you already put up) and right below the window you type the text- there is a light grey "Add image to post" button. Click on that, it asks you to specify which/where the file (picture) you want to post is on your computer- you click "upload" it gets saved on the image server. You then finish your typing/post, and "submit" it- and up comes a shrunken version of the picture which anyone can click on to see "full size".

For example:


I've lost my doggie:


_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
I've Lost my doggie!!! 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Ha Ha Ha LOL!!!

Good one airGunEric!!

Though I thought I did see a different version of that one a while back!

Aha here it is!!



Can't have been any (C) on it then! well not to my knowledge anyway!!

Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I think Stevie's found his current "project"- finding images and cartoons to reference in posts! Giant Grin

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hi 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
Ha Ha Very funny!?!

Good possibility though!
I could start posting funny joke cartoon images into the BS topic section!! There's plenty of funny Pic's out there to post!!!

Plus it will double my post per day and I'll have two bullets in no time!!

Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
What projects are people working on? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » The BS Topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.