Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns » Help!, Walther CP99 Compact problem
Help!, Walther CP99 Compact problem 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 am Reply with quote
django
hello there guys,I was hoping someone here could help me??= I have recently bought a Walther CP99 Compact and indeed seems like a good quality little peice but mine has really low power, no range!?.

Its brand new yet if I try hit an upright coke can even at 10 meters the bb only just hits the bottom of the can? even on a new co2 bulb.

When I got it the barrel was a bit dirty,I cleaned it out and had little effect on range or power....I shot a few bbs at a tin sheet about 25 meters away to see how far it would go an the bbs dropped at least 1.5 meters.

Im using Daisy Max Speed bbs,I looked on you tube and theres numerous clips og guys shooting the same pistol at about 15-20 meters and hitting bottles/can no problem( with open sights) so I figured there must be something wrong with mine as I struggle to hit a can at 10 meters!??. Does anyone else on here own one of these and can coment on its accurate range.

One thing I noticed the other night is that theres a plastic barrel shroud on the gun and where the steel barrel's muzzle is ,well the circular edge of that plastic decorative shroud is right on the very,very edge of the steel muzzle. But only up the top of the muzzle,Im wondering if this is effecting the bb's exit out the barrel.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I would return it and get another one. Those are very well built pistols and normally don't have issues like you describe.

Ernesto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:05 am Reply with quote
django
Big Ern wrote:
I would return it and get another one. Those are very well built pistols and normally don't have issues like you describe.

Ernesto

So it definately should be able to hit cans at further than 10 meters then?,its odd because it blows back HARD and seems to have reasonable power at close range but just has no distance.

The frustrating thing is almost every single review ive read,everyone is pleased with the gun! ,I seem to have bad luck with most things I buy for some reason. I cant return it as the place I bought it closed down.

Im having no luck at all finding a complete dissassembly instructions guide or anywhere that sells seals for the P99 Compact,I can take the slide off but thats as far as I can take it down....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
The CP99 usually shoots very well and 10 meters should be no problem, also they are not the easiest of guns to strip down, as Big Ern says take it back for an exchange.

Al

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:55 am Reply with quote
Big Ern
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Maybe try another type of BB? Could not find any info on Daisy Max Speed BBs. Could be a bad Co2 cartrige even if it's new, this has happened to me before.

Ernesto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
django
Big Ern wrote:
Maybe try another type of BB? Could not find any info on Daisy Max Speed BBs. Could be a bad Co2 cartrige even if it's new, this has happened to me before.

Ernesto

Im using Gamo co2 bulbs( used 2 and I Crosman bulb) same results everytime ,theres a rubber seal at the breech and like a brass gas tube that slides inside that seal when you depress the trigger,maybe that seal is faulty even though the gun is new.

I'll try find some different BB ammo but I doubt its that unless these MAX SPEED are heavier than usual BB's but I doubt it these are what I use

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Daisy_1500_Premium_Grade_Silver_BBs/279

its all I can find down here in Australia,im reading numerous reports that COPPERHEADS are very inaccurate??,what do you guys use?...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote
django
I did some more fiddling= if I push the trigger which then seal's the gas tube to the barrel and blow with my breath down the barrel then air leaks out from around the hammer valves central pin!!.

Im thinking this is the problem though it still holds co2 and doesnt seem to leak even if the bulb is left in there for a day or two?.

Umarex say I can get a whole new valve for $15.00 but looks REALLY complicated to change it over, they emailed me an exploded diagram of the gun. Im thinking of just trying to get the 2 hammer valve seals screw the back off and replace these, why they would be leaking I dont know as the gun is new and I use silicone oil on every co2 change......
Help!, Walther CP99 Compact problem 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » BB Guns