Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Want kind of case do you use for your pistol?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Want kind of case do you use for your pistol? 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Airhead
Member
Member
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Southern Ontario
Recently I have mounted a red dot on my Alecto, which has brought to a new problem. It just won't fit in the OEM case! I know if I remove the sighting system it will go back in the case but I'm not really liking the continuous removing of my dot. I've seen some guys modify the foam to fit the pistol with sight but I'd rather get a new hard case that fits properly.

Anyone have any suggestions? Don't want to spend more the roughly $100
Thanks everyone!

_________________
Webley Alecto .177
Webley Alecto .22
Benjamin Trail AW NP
Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
I haven't been actively looking to buy, but Pyramyd Air has some for less I saw a hard plastic case for around $30 and a metal case for around $60. You might also look at a good hardware store. A foam lined metal case for tools is still a foam lined metal case. If size is right it works.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Airhead
Member
Member
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Southern Ontario
The paladin I have been trying to find the right foam since I have an old metal porter cable tool case but I haven't found the right stuff. So I figured id buy something, if there was a product I liked. Originally I was thinking a small pelican case!

_________________
Webley Alecto .177
Webley Alecto .22
Benjamin Trail AW NP
Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
I had the same problem a few years ago. I never did find a good egg crate type of foam outside of buying a case with the foam in it. I still haven't. If you find a retail outlet where you can foam that will work and can be cut to size I'd like to know to!

I make my own holsters but hard cases are handy at times.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
I had the same problem a few years ago. I never did find a good egg crate type of foam outside of buying a case with the foam in it. I still haven't. If you find a retail outlet where you can foam that will work and can be cut to size I'd like to know to!

Same thing here in Minnesota.

Quote:
I make my own holsters but hard cases are handy at times.

Especially for the transport of firearms in motor vehicles. Here in Minnesota the case has to provide 100% coverage and a means of closure to be legal for transport.

Quote:
I have an old metal porter cable tool case

You can adapt just about any kind of container with construction styrofoam, corrugated cardboard, spray adhesive, and polar fleece fabric:

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Airhead
Member
Member
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Southern Ontario
finally found some descent foam on a job site the other day, so i started my pistol case using an empty metal porter cable tool case. I also had to pick up an excerise mat from canadian tire. The foam i found is much like the foam used in cheap broadhead targets, which is white and closed cell type. The case holds my alecto and 2500 rounds plus cleaning rods, maual, and targets. im loving the idea that if one was to look at my pistol case, they'd just think its another tool, doesnt draw attention!




_________________
Webley Alecto .177
Webley Alecto .22
Benjamin Trail AW NP
Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Looks like it would survive an atomic blast.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 am Reply with quote
Airhead
Member
Member
Joined: 05 Feb 2012
Posts: 65
Location: Southern Ontario
Its definitily solid, weights in at 17lbs, fully loaded! Is pretty much an entire shooting kit inside so now i just grab my case and silent trap and im moving on to the next shooting spot. still needs a little finishing work but its functional!

_________________
Webley Alecto .177
Webley Alecto .22
Benjamin Trail AW NP
Benjamin Classsic
Walthers CP Sport
View user's profile Send private message
Want kind of case do you use for your pistol? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.