Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » My .25 Marauder groupings
My .25 Marauder groupings 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
twalter
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is just a quick grouping and zero confirmation when I had a few moments the other day.

I had missed a few pot shots at some pests out of the snipers nest in the last week and needed to get out and see if things had changed. So you know what your looking at, I take black duck tape and tape together 4-6 1/2 plywood/particle boards for my backstops. Then I used those round dime sized stickers you can find 99 cents or so in the office supplies at any major retailer.

All shots are at a muzzle to target measured 25 yards, give or take a few inches each time. They were not shot from a bench, but prone with front hand supported.

The first grouping is 8 shots, with the last shot in the upper right hand corner being a slight 4 click "to the right" adjustment.

This second group is a full 12 to the right and 12 up on the scope. Of course the aim is at the center of the sticker. 7 shots

Now for the kodiaks, the stickers got knocked off in transit home.

First group I dont understand the spread. I think the Mrod is a little picky with these.

With a little more effort and concentration I got this the second time around with 5 pellets. The dime BARELY covers.

All this did was confirm that the Benjamin's are still dead accurate with little effort in this rifle and to verify my scope every other week or so.

Last but not least, here are the Benjamin and Kodiak side by side respectfully. Should have been more mindful of the glare looking back...

My .25 Marauder groupings 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo