 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:31 pm |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
Well, only one way to find out, huh.
I'll give my friend a call tommorow. He owns a 97K that he bought about a year ago. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:36 pm |
|
|
| pabuin |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 07 Dec 2007 |
| Posts: 9 |
|
|
|
 |
| Well Gamo just came out with a somewhat "silencer" in their Wisper model I bought one and I can shoo it in the back yard and no one notices it execpt when I use the Hollowpoint pellets, they whistle like a devil same noise as .22LR |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:21 pm |
|
|
| Westonhill |
| Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 09 Nov 2007 |
| Posts: 71 |
| Location: San Diego, CA, USA |
|
|
 |
| pabuin wrote: |
| Well Gamo just came out with a somewhat "silencer" in their Wisper model I bought one ... |
B.B. Pelletier wrote an extensive review on this rifle. Tell us if you agree with what he said. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:27 am |
|
|
| pabuin |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 07 Dec 2007 |
| Posts: 9 |
|
|
|
 |
Well I can tell you that BB is very close, I disagreed with him as to the sound reduction untill I read further and he conpared the Whisper to other Gamo rifles and this gun is much quiter than all the other Gamo's I have three now.
He didnt get to accuracy but I will tell you he is right on the money with velocity and I will tell you that it is accurate !!!!!!!.
I purchased the Whisper not only for the noise reduction ( so I could shoot in the back yards without the neighbors getting ticked ) but for the sights, most Gamos high power dont have sights. I will tell hyou the gun is accurate, although I think Gamo should install better sights, anyhow I dialed it in at 10 yards and was hitting inside .5" circles everytime with any type pellets and with the Gamo Match Pellets .5Grs it is dealy accurate at 45 yards from a rest I hit a pellet container 4 out 5 times.
I will tell you that since ive had the rifle I have shot 1500 rounds and not a glitch. Ther are no lizzards left in my back yard the rifle will pick them clean at 15-20 yards.
The one big fault I have found with the gun is that with the Combo Scope that came with, despite it has an owesom scope rail and scope mount with a pin stop the shots are everywhere, left right high low I coulnd get a grouping 0f 10".
I dont know if is the scope? the mount and rails seem solid or maybe the gun barrel has some type of play.
I think for the money and thus far its performance I will spend the extra bucks and let the Tuna tune it.
With a new trigger and smoother mechanisn and a corrected barrel play this gun can be the best thing since sliced bread.
It is well balanced and light, powerfull can take the florida rain, I think is a very nice gun, but what do I know. I am partial to the Gamo's, I love that POWER. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 am |
|
|
| 2RCHA |
| Veteran Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 21 Feb 2007 |
| Posts: 195 |
| Location: The Big Smoke, Ontario |
|
|
 |
| Have you had a chance to run your B4 through a Chrono yet?, What kind of numbers are you getting from your's, Out of my B4's, the .177 is getting close to 900fps with Beeman Laser's @6.35gr., and with Skenko type 1's @5.7gr. I'm getting 1100fps, my .22 B4 get's around 600fps with H&N Hollowpoint's @12.35gr., and 750fps with Skenco type 1's @11gr., and 830fps with Prometheus .22 L/F @9gr. I want to change the spring in my .22 B4 since it's the stock spring, i wouldn't mind putting in a Quest 1000 spring in it, the same as my .177 B4, It would likely bring the numbers up a good 200fps to 800 fps with lead(I hope anyways,LOL), Andy. |
|
_________________ QB78-D w/Fitco 4-16x44CE
2x,XS B4-2a .177/.22 w/Fitco 3-9x40
XS B2-2a .22 w/Simmons 3-9x40
XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:53 am |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
| 2RCHA wrote: |
| Have you had a chance to run your B4 through a Chrono yet?, What kind of numbers are you getting from your's, Out of my B4's, the .177 is getting close to 900fps with Beeman Laser's @6.35gr., and with Skenko type 1's @5.7gr. I'm getting 1100fps, my .22 B4 get's around 600fps with H&N Hollowpoint's @12.35gr., and 750fps with Skenco type 1's @11gr., and 830fps with Prometheus .22 L/F @9gr. I want to change the spring in my .22 B4 since it's the stock spring, i wouldn't mind putting in a Quest 1000 spring in it, the same as my .177 B4, It would likely bring the numbers up a good 200fps to 800 fps with lead(I hope anyways,LOL), Andy. |
Hi Andy
I run it through a chrono when I first got it after giving it a good clean, and it was doing 745fps +/- 4fps on Hobbys 7g, .177 after an intenal polish, trigger job and lube it went up to 775fps again on Hobbys, since then I have shot over 1500 pellets through it and the fps as crept up to 785fps +/- 2fps which is now constant, if I change to Crosman matchpell 7g the fps drops to 720fps and using Bisley Pratice 7.2g it's down to 705fps, I put this down to the fact that Hobbys are 4.7 mm against 4.5mm for the others, in fact Hobbys shoot faster in all my guns but not necessarily more accurate.
For what I use it for mostly is short range work max 35m so there is enough power there, if I fitted a stronger spring it would only make it harder to cock, and add extra loading to the trigger for not much gain for me, I prefer an easy life these days. I might try the Beeman Laser's or the Skenko type 1's if I can get then and see what they can do.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:27 pm |
|
|
| Alstone |
| Moderator & Site Supporter |

 |
 |
| Joined: 01 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 4139 |
| Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND |
|
|
 |
| broommaster2000 wrote: |
Well, only one way to find out, huh.
I'll give my friend a call tommorow. He owns a 97K that he bought about a year ago. |
Hi Broom
I had a look at a HW97K down at the club the other day and you are right about the silencer, it is in fact a hollow tube with no baffels, the guy who has it said that it was a waste of time as a silencer.
So you were right all along, and the people who sell the things were talking out of there a$$es. Nice work.
Al |
|
_________________
 |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:27 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
I might add, some people turn it into a silencer.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|