Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » Question on Pellets..
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Question on Pellets.. 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:32 am Reply with quote
Colinb913
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Southern Indiana
Hey, I guess I am a newbie here still. But I had an account and already introduced myself a while back, so here goes with my first "legit" post..

When I buy Crosman pellets, a lot of the skirts are bent in, and not in a uniform round shape.. I assume that will be effecting my accuracy alot, am I correct on that? I bought some more expensive (still Crosman) wad cutters, and didn't have as many messed up pellets. Do I need to buy these more expensive pellets each time, or did I just get a fluke tin?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
Every tin you've bought has been like that? The only time I've seen a whole tin of CPHP like that was after it took a 4' fall to hard ground, so if you're getting your pellets at a store maybe try ordering online or something. All times I've ordered Crosman pellets from Pyramyd they've been just fine
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
It would be interesting to check these pellets for innacuracy. The skirt gets blown up in the barrel most of the time.

Do you have actual issues with accuracy?

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
BBgunNoob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 327
Location: Pa
dont buy stuff from walmart i work there and everything gets thrown, even if you saw how our trucks were delivered youd be horrified lol
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 pm Reply with quote
domer_pyle
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 17 Sep 2009
Posts: 523
Well of course, doesn't Walmart have something like an 80% employee dissatisfaction rating or w/e?

I've noticed with Premiers that have mishapen skirts that the velocity is usually more off than the accuracy. Does it degrade accuracy? Sure, but within 15-20 yards you're more than likely not going to suffer from it
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
Colinb913
New Member
New Member
Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 7
Location: Southern Indiana
I am not sure, I was trying to sight in a scope, and was all over the place, so I just called it quits. I have been using the iron sights (sort-of) to hunt birds, and squirrels and have had hit and miss days.

_________________
Crosman Phantom
Daisy Red Ryder
Daisy 15XT
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:16 am Reply with quote
one shot
Member
Member
Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Colin I haven't had that problem with the crosman destroyer hollow points so try those if you haven't yet.

BB, I don't buy anything from walmart because of that and because of my personal experience from working for them mentioned below. I used to work at their loading docks over a decade ago and it was that way back then also. I couldn't believe that the management was ok with the loaders *throwing* items in the trucks and breaking things which I saw with my own eyes.

They were doing so in plain sight not being bashful about it in the least, but management is ok with it since it still continues to this day. They likely believe that it costs walmart less money for them to be in a hurry while breaking items than it does for them to take the proper time to load the trucks carefully. It's insane.

Domer I wouldn't be surprised. I have also found through my own personal experience as well as research online that among many other things they often deliberately place new people in hard labor positions who have admitted to physical problems despite asking for less physically demanding positions and being told by their hirer that they would be placed in a easier position so they will quit soon after not being able to handle the pain of doing that hard work where walmart will get out of having expected problematic employees to deal with.

That way they also can not be sued for not hiring a person because of their physical problems.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:04 am Reply with quote
jlwilliams
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 264
Location: Jacksonville, NC USA
Colin, damaged pellets can't help your accuracy. I agree that you may do better buying you pellets somewhere else. Still, don't overlook other factors. Have you tried cleaning your airgun? Put a patch through it, maybe even buy a bore snake. You may have crud messing with your game.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Jr. Squirreler
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2010
Posts: 419
Location: New York
That may have been a Fluke tin. I have been airgunning seriously for 6 years and I have maybe had 3 bad tins of Crosman pellets. It doesnt happen often.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Question on Pellets.. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.