Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself » Just wanted to introduce myself
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Just wanted to introduce myself 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
miatawnt2b
New Member
New Member
Joined: 13 Oct 2010
Posts: 6
Hey, just wanted to say hi to you guys. I am a relatively new airgunner. I bought my first air rifle (a Storm XT) at the ripe age of 35. I've heavily modified over the past year, and am starting to get into rebuilding/modifying vintage guns. I just bought a Benjamin 137 that I want to re-seal and the guy threw in a PhaseII 1377 and a Crosman 1600BB when I got there. So I'm sure I'll be asking some advice while I rip into these projects.

-J
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Personally, I like my storm. It's a good middle of the road rifle. No overkill with the scope yet with a nice wood stock. I am getting ready to take a gunstock carving course with bill Janney www.billjanney.com He is really an exellwent carver He literally lives less than 15 miles from me. I am also going to see if voc rehab will pay for my course and my tools. I hope so, because I am pretty artistic and I think I could make good money at this. So, if I get the course, I'll carve your storm with a squirrel or a crow on it with either basketweave or fishscale carving With oak or acanthus leaves. I'll be offering my services for free on here for a while with the caveat that I am a beginner. So as soon as I find out if I get this training or not I'll let everybody know.

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Welcome to the forum, miatawnt2b. I have the G1, which is of the same family as the Storm. May you spend many enjoyable hours with it.

Oddtodd - ask Mr. Janney if he would permit photos of the class to be posted. I for one would be interested in both the technique and the learning process.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Welcome to AGH.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:39 am Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
Slavia wrote:
Welcome to the forum, miatawnt2b. I have the G1, which is of the same family as the Storm. May you spend many enjoyable hours with it.

Oddtodd - ask Mr. Janney if he would permit photos of the class to be posted. I for one would be interested in both the technique and the learning process.
Well, I've got his book and a scanner. Do you want me to post a couple up here? Oh Almost forgot why I posted, Welcome miatawnt2b!!!


Last edited by oddtodd on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Welcome miatawnt2b to AGH from Pflugerville, Texas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 882
Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA.
WELCOME TO THE A.G.H. !!! After a FIFTY year hiatus, I got back into airguns too !! Bought a Crosman Storm XT at Wal-Mart...this at the ripe old age of 61..I shortened the barrel by 4 inches and installed a GRT-III trigger on the Storm,,,WOW the mods made a wonderful difference... was a pretty nice gun..but the call of the "dark-side" was too strong..ow all my rifles are HPA Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

_________________
HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Just wanted to introduce myself 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Introduce Yourself
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.