Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » 2300 conversion question
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
2300 conversion question 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
Finally, after months and months of preparation, down falls and all kinds of head aches, I'm finally having my estate sale this coming weekend.

While the bulk of the proceeds are going to be used to get my truck fixed and most of the rest reserved so I can find another place to live.

I wanna FINNALLY convert my 2300.

I'm not going to rehash every detail about what I'm doing. Done that enough already.

Here's my quandry. After discussing this with our resident 22xx guru and creator of the franken discovery Smile it was determined that I could very well swap out the stock valve with the one I'm taking out of my discover rifle. I would NOT have the issue about the gas tube potentially exploding because it was never machine stamped with the serial numbers.

Even though I have no intentions of modifying the valve, I do realize it will flow faster then the stock valve. So after a conversation with Ron over at Byran and Associates, I can get a gas tube cut down to any size I desired.

But then I started thinking about this. If I were do do that, I'd have to add in the valve block and the end block with adapter. This would reduce the inside volume or it's ablity to hold more compressed air.

As mentioned I'm looking to order a cut down discovery tube, and threaded for the fill adapter, which I will buy from them anyways. How or where can I place a guage so I know how much pressure I'm filling the tube with?

Thanks,

Jax

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:02 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
You need to use the Crosman Disco gauge block which goes inside the tube, drill a hole in your shortened tube and screw it through the hole into the gauge block.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I was afraid someone was gonna say that... Sad/Cry

I was thinking.... I was already going to purchase a scuba adapter from jdsaire. But then add the hose off the pump I got with my discovery to it. What if I were to add a Tee after the adapter, and screw the gauge in there?

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
rsterne
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2998
Location: Coalmont, BC
If you are going to use a SCUBA clamp they already have a gauge on them.... You have to stop filling at 2000 psi and that gauge is what you use to make sure you don't overfill....

The problem is that without a gauge on the gun you won't know when it needs refilling.... Putting a tee on the fill adapter to hold a gauge and the male Foster would work but ugly....

Bob

_________________
Dominion Marksman Silver Shield - 5890 x 6000 in 1976, and downhill ever since!
Airsonal: Too many to count!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
I hadn't thought about that.... knowing when the rifle needs filling issue. Guess it's go with the guage and block as orginally suggested.

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
2300 conversion question 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.