Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing » Trigger upgrade and warranty question
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Trigger upgrade and warranty question 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
JustMatt
Member
Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Location: US
I have heard very good things about the GRT-III trigger upgrade for the Benjamin Trail NP series. However, I just had to replace the breach seal and take advantage of the warranty. I was just a little concerned about weather upgrading the trigger would void the warranty for any future failures. Thanks in advance for any information.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The GRT-III is a copy of Steve Woodward's GTX II trigger (which can be found at Airguns of Arizona). You will void the warranty on the rifle by doing anything- even removing a single screw.

That being said, hypothetically, of course- if the rifle breaks in some way unrelated to the trigger and you were to replace the original trigger before sending back to the manufacturer for warranty work- who's to know or care. Of course if you break something related to the trigger while doing modifications, claiming 'warranty' would not be very cool.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:15 am Reply with quote
JustMatt
Member
Member
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Posts: 45
Location: US
Thanks for the suggestion. The benefits had already outweighed the consequences about ten minutes after I posted this originally and I put in an order for one. I am looking forward to my first airgun modification, even if it is an easy one.
View user's profile Send private message
Trigger upgrade and warranty question 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Airgun Smithing
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.