Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Trying to find out more information on my old rifle Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Trying to find out more information on my old rifle 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
Just to let people know, I am not very knowledgeable individual about air rifles. I am more of a modern arms shooter. Although I love taking my air rifle out and putting some rounds down range in the back yard. I am one of those people that likes to know what they are shooting.

I have an old TyROL (spelled that way with the casing).
Very heavy, about 8 pounds.
Quite long, over all length of about 50 inches.
Break barrel .177 caliber.

I can not find any information on this rifle except that Tyrol is a small city in Austria and that a similar brand stamp was used on some Co2 Mauser trainers.

If anyone can give me some information on the rifle and/or the history of the TyROL manufacturer it would be greatly appreciated.

Travis Walthall
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Sorry I can't help Travis, but welcome to AGH Forum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Welcome to the forum! This might get you started:
http://www.beemans.net/airguncollecting.htm
https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Category.aspx?product=4&id=202

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
Slavia wrote:
Welcome to the forum! This might get you started:
http://www.beemans.net/airguncollecting.htm
https://store.bluebookinc.com/InstantAccess/Category.aspx?product=4&id=202


Thank you, I had read this before.

The only odd thing is that by all found recorded accounts, TyROL seemed to only make Co2 rifles, not a break barrel sharp shooter with a rather advanced peep sight.

Thank you again

Travis Walthall
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Another resource might "The Blue Book Of Airguns." If I were in your position I would go one of two ways - either pay the $10.00 for a 24-hour online subscription, or go down to the public library and ask a librarian to find it via interlibrary loan (for free). It is pretty amazing what they can come up with.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:52 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
One pic here and you'll probably know. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
TyROL Tournier 53 (this name should be on barrel somewhere): .177 cal Breakbarrel, diopter match sight, 17.7" barrel, 42" overall length.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Turtle
Member
Member
Joined: 06 May 2010
Posts: 20
You'll get more/better help with a pic....besides, I wanna see it Smile
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:16 am Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
Slavia wrote:
Another resource might "The Blue Book Of Airguns." If I were in your position I would go one of two ways - either pay the $10.00 for a 24-hour online subscription, or go down to the public library and ask a librarian to find it via interlibrary loan (for free). It is pretty amazing what they can come up with.


I have looked at a few with little results, Although it would not hurt to look in a few more
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
I will have a couple pictures up soon. (probably tomorrow night).

I may have to chalk in the crest and writing for some ease of reading/photographing it.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
As requested, pictures of my ancient air rifle. The writing is a bit hard to see, and I apologize for that.










View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
AirGunEric wrote:
TyROL Tournier 53 (this name should be on barrel somewhere): .177 cal Breakbarrel, diopter match sight, 17.7" barrel, 42" overall length.


Thats it, but I am trying to find more information about it. You seem to have seen/heard/own one before, you have any additional information?

Travis Walthall
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Jazzpaintball wrote:
AirGunEric wrote:
TyROL Tournier 53 (this name should be on barrel somewhere): .177 cal Breakbarrel, diopter match sight, 17.7" barrel, 42" overall length.


Thats it, but I am trying to find more information about it. You seem to have seen/heard/own one before, you have any additional information?

Travis Walthall


What more do you want to know? No one seems to have a very clear idea on the history of the manufacturer on this side of the ocean.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 pm Reply with quote
oddtodd
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2029
Location: Richmond, IN USA
IT is a nice looking setup to me though. Good luck with it!

_________________
Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Jazzpaintball
New Member
New Member
Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 11
AirGunEric wrote:
Jazzpaintball wrote:
AirGunEric wrote:
TyROL Tournier 53 (this name should be on barrel somewhere): .177 cal Breakbarrel, diopter match sight, 17.7" barrel, 42" overall length.


Thats it, but I am trying to find more information about it. You seem to have seen/heard/own one before, you have any additional information?

Travis Walthall


What more do you want to know? No one seems to have a very clear idea on the history of the manufacturer on this side of the ocean.


Some of the things I would like to know are things like:
Number made?
Around what year was it made?
Is there a (English) manual anywhere?
Is there a break down diagram for extensive cleaning/maintenance?
Is there any way to repair it if something breaks?
Value of the rifle?
Is there anyway to take out the travel within the trigger?

These are some of the questions I would love answered.

Thank you again
Travis Walthall
View user's profile Send private message
Trying to find out more information on my old rifle 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.