 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | NEED SOME MAJOR HELP |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:33 am |
|
|
| DGZRT |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 25 May 2010 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
Hi guys, I'm new here and am looking for some help. I have been hunting with a firearm for 35 years and should know what's going on but i can't figure it out!!!
I bought a Ruger air rifle with a scope from Sportsman Guide and have tried everything to site this in and am having no luck.
I have changed the scope to a BSA 4x32 fixed power with good scope mounts.
I tried 6 different pellets with no luck.
I have cleaned the barrel with no luck. I have even used a gun vise made for sighting in hi powered rifles and no luck.
What else can I do????? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 10:49 am |
|
|
| oddtodd |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 30 Dec 2008 |
| Posts: 2029 |
| Location: Richmond, IN USA |
|
|
 |
How are you holding it? The proper way is called the artillery hold. Basically you are cradling the rifle and not holding it down. You have to let the rifle move in your grip. THe gun vise was the worst thing to try with a springer. Any time you hold a springer down it jumps all over the place and it will never hit the same place twice. I know this from personal experience. cradle it gently and see how you do. One other thing, how many rounds do you have through it? Less than 500 and it isn't broken in yet. There will be other people along this evening to give you a better idea how to get the accuracy out of it.  |
|
_________________ Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!" |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:00 am |
|
|
| Jaxom |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Aug 2008 |
| Posts: 927 |
|
|
|
 |
I agree with everything todd said, but I'd also include, taking a look at the barrel crown. You didn't mention which model remington ag you bought, but keep this in mind, remington didn't make it, it was probably made by crosman or one of the other ag makers out there, just "borrowing" the remington logo for this run of ags.
Crosman has been known in the past to be a little lazy when it comes to checking the crowns. It's not that difficult of a fix, there's a sticky over in the rifle forum if your intersted. |
|
_________________ .22 2300kt Crosman Custom |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am |
|
|
| DGZRT |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 25 May 2010 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
Thanks for the reply, I have only about 250-300 shots thru it. I have been doing some reading and should " not" have cleaned the barrel I guess.
Any suggestions on pellets .177 cal ? I have tried a lot different one 's and I think I should choose one and stick with it.
You brought up and interesting point about not holding the barrel down the scope mounts I have almost rest on top of the barrel . I thinking this should be changed so the recoil doesn't effect it? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:12 am |
|
|
| Jaxom |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Aug 2008 |
| Posts: 927 |
|
|
|
 |
Just curious, is that scope rated for airguns? This may sound odd, a scope that might work fine on a burner, will get tore up by an ag. Reason being, is the double recoil caused by the spring inside the ag. This has been known to tear some scopes to pieces, let alone be able to site in.
They have scopes designe specifically to handle this doulbe recoil issue. |
|
_________________ .22 2300kt Crosman Custom |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:13 am |
|
|
| oddtodd |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 30 Dec 2008 |
| Posts: 2029 |
| Location: Richmond, IN USA |
|
|
 |
| I've never fooled around with a bunch of different kinds. I find that crosman premieres work in just about every gun I own pretty well. I'm not worried about tack driving though, I want sheer stopping power which is why most of my rifles are .22 cal. Crosman premieres work in them just fine for me. If you want pellet stacking try the JSB brand of pellets. They seem to work well in about everything from what I hsve read. |
|
_________________ Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!" |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:17 am |
|
|
| DGZRT |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 25 May 2010 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
The gun is a Ruger Blackhawk air rifle .177 cal 1000 fps 18.75" rifled barrel
I was hoping being the Ruger it would be good quality.
Thanks Dan |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:19 am |
|
|
| DGZRT |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 25 May 2010 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
| The BSA scope is made for the double recoil of a springer at least thats what the guy from Gander Mountain claimed. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:21 am |
|
|
| oddtodd |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 30 Dec 2008 |
| Posts: 2029 |
| Location: Richmond, IN USA |
|
|
 |
| Sorry man, I hate to tell you that the big names pimp out their names regularly on airguns. Ruger remington, and walther are three I can think of off the top of my head. |
|
_________________ Airguns: Two starlings talking "Larry, did you hear that? Larry?? LARRY!!!!" |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:26 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| Pick the pellet you've had the most success with so far, take the scope off the rifle and use the open sights that came with it- both to ensure the rifle is shooting straight and for you to become accustomed to the hold required before adding more variables (the scope). Once you have this sorted out, then experiment a bit more with the different pellets until you find the one that works best- then go back to the scope. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:10 pm |
|
|
| DGZRT |
| New Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 25 May 2010 |
| Posts: 5 |
|
|
|
 |
Thanks for all your tips i will narrow down the best pellets and try it with out the scope! Keep the tips coming if you guys have more.
Dan |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm |
|
|
| Jaxom |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 06 Aug 2008 |
| Posts: 927 |
|
|
|
 |
Opps, I said remingtion, didn't? Ment Ruger.  |
|
_________________ .22 2300kt Crosman Custom |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:59 am |
|
|
| kanyon |
| Silver Status Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 09 Aug 2008 |
| Posts: 1582 |
| Location: New Zealand |
|
|
 |
Hi..
Bam B25 = Ruger Airhawk / Blackhawk
The B25 is a copy of the Diana 350
Sorry its chinese...BUT Bam make some
very good guns..
Pete |
|
_________________ Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177
.............................................
. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:07 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
| kanyon wrote: |
Hi..
Bam B25 = Ruger Airhawk / Blackhawk
The B25 is a copy of the Diana 350
Sorry its chinese...BUT Bam make some
very good guns..
Pete |
Pete, I'm quite sure the Ruger Airhawk/Blackhawk are based on the Model 31/34, not the 350.
They are the same size. For as far as I know, the B-28 is based on the 350.
I bet Bam makes parts for Diana to be honest. Resemblance is uncanny. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:49 am |
|
|
| kanyon |
| Silver Status Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 09 Aug 2008 |
| Posts: 1582 |
| Location: New Zealand |
|
|
 |
| broommaster2000 wrote: |
| kanyon wrote: |
Hi..
Bam B25 = Ruger Airhawk / Blackhawk
The B25 is a copy of the Diana 350
Sorry its chinese...BUT Bam make some
very good guns..
Pete |
Pete, I'm quite sure the Ruger Airhawk/Blackhawk are based on the Model 31/34, not the 350.
They are the same size. For as far as I know, the B-28 is based on the 350.
I bet Bam makes parts for Diana to be honest. Resemblance is uncanny. |
Broom....
You may well be right.....to meany BXX to remeber them all..
Pete |
|
_________________ Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177
.............................................
. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|