Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » spring powered pistols
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
spring powered pistols 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Years back I had a spring powered BB gun that did not use compressed air but just threw the BB with the power of the spring as a catapult would. Does anyone know if they still make these?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
sureshot18
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 59
I think so Is this it?

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Marksman_1010_Classic/626

_________________
Crosman G1 extreme 177Cal. 1000fps
Gamo shadow express .22 cal 750 fps
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
That looks a lot like it but that one is an air pistol and loads in a break in the barrel. The one I had had a spring loaded tube under the barrel that pushed the BB's up into the chamber. When you cocked it the feed chamber closed and the loaded BB road in a kind of chair back with the spring cocking to be thrown forward when fired. The the feed tube opened and fed another BB into the chair type thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
DO NOT BUY the Marksman 1010.

It is less than a POS-- you will have more success hitting targets by throwing the entire gun. I cannot believe Marksman/SR Industries has continued to embarrass themselves by still selling this offense of a "gun".

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
I don't think the Marksman 1010 is a catapault type gun - it has an actual piston with seal. (Eric is completely correct about its quality).

Check this out:
http://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-powerplants/airgun-powerplants-article.shtml

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
AirGunEric wrote:
DO NOT BUY the Marksman 1010.

It is less than a POS-- you will have more success hitting targets by throwing the entire gun. I cannot believe Marksman/SR Industries has continued to embarrass themselves by still selling this offense of a "gun".
I have no intention of buying a Marksman 1010 but I might buy a catapult BB gun if I find one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Slavia wrote:
I don't think the Marksman 1010 is a catapault type gun - it has an actual piston with seal. (Eric is completely correct about its quality).

Check this out:
http://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-powerplants/airgun-powerplants-article.shtml
At least that link says I have not lost my mind and such guns do exist. I am also sure such a gun like that has rotten accuracy but it could have memories.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
spring powered pistols 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.