Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting » Do I need a hunting permit to kill Small Pests?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Do I need a hunting permit to kill Small Pests? 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
jamers99
New Member
New Member
Joined: 23 May 2010
Posts: 3
Location: Land O Lakes, FL
I want to off some annoying Armadillos that are tearing up my yard. Do I need a permit to do that? I live in Florida.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
call your local police department.....

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Check with the Florida DFGW also.

The police can tell you if it is illegal to discharge in your municipality. The DFGW can tell you the legality of airguns for armadillos.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
soucy678
Member
Member
Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 15
Location: central california
Here in california you need a licence to kill varmits most likely there where you live too.

_________________
airgunhuntersoucy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote
jlwilliams
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 264
Location: Jacksonville, NC USA
Asking the local police may or may not give you an accurate response.

Start with the state hunting/ wildlife department's web page. Also check to see if airguns are considered 'firearms', that will make the difference as to if you can discharge one in your area. You could also ask a local lawyer if you know one or have one you use.

I've found that police will often say "no, you can't" when they are in doubt or if they just don't know. As a rule of thumb, I try not to take legal advice from police officers. No disrespect intended, they can't be expected to know all the laws. If it's not something they deal with regularly (vehicle/ traffic laws, public conduct, that sort of stuff) they may just not know.
View user's profile Send private message
Do I need a hunting permit to kill Small Pests? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Hunting, Pest Control, Varminting
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.