Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Crosman g1 trigger
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Crosman g1 trigger 
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 am Reply with quote
sureshot18
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 59
Is there any way to lighten the trigger pull on this gun without replacing it with grt 3 trigger or the gtx trigger?

_________________
Crosman G1 extreme 177Cal. 1000fps
Gamo shadow express .22 cal 750 fps
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Other than doing your best with sanding/polishing things- not without major re-fabrication of the trigger blade- at which point the aftermarket triggers start to look more and more attractive.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:53 am Reply with quote
sureshot18
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 59
so what part should i sand and pollish? and is it better to have a longer second stage length or a shorter one?

_________________
Crosman G1 extreme 177Cal. 1000fps
Gamo shadow express .22 cal 750 fps
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
There should be two springs in there if I remember correct. Shortening or removing one should greatly improve it.

But I'm sorry, that's all I can recall. Neutral

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:35 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
There sure is....almost as light as a GRT...
A GRT is light because there is no trigger return spring...
GRT relys on the sear spring to return it....

Remove the return sping in the G1 trigger...
its the one inside the trigger blade...Hair clip style spring..
Done it to a Kral...what a diffrents...light...
You may have to play with it to get it moveing freely
they tend to be a bit tight,,,make sure theres NO burs
on the pivot pin holes....

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:20 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
kanyon wrote:

Remove the return sping in the G1 trigger...
its the one inside the trigger blade...Hair clip style spring..
Done it to a Kral...what a diffrents...light...
You may have to play with it to get it moveing freely
they tend to be a bit tight,,,make sure theres NO burs
on the pivot pin holes....

Pete


Thanks Pete! If I can get my hands on a cheap Gamo I'll be sure to give it a shot. I'm looking for a CF-20 for one of my buddies, as they're pretty good and easy to shoot rifles.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:26 am Reply with quote
sureshot18
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 59
i took the return spring out of my gun, now the trigger moves freely,that is normal right? is this going to harm my gun?

_________________
Crosman G1 extreme 177Cal. 1000fps
Gamo shadow express .22 cal 750 fps
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I don't think this is a good idea- the aftermarket triggers don't use this spring, but they have an entirely different geometry to compensate for it.

Just polish up any metal surfaces that rub on one another- anything else is going to require fabrication to improve the trigger.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:18 am Reply with quote
sureshot18
Member
Member
Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 59
so you think i should put it back in?

_________________
Crosman G1 extreme 177Cal. 1000fps
Gamo shadow express .22 cal 750 fps
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:57 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I do. If you have the ability to cut a new trigger blade, that's one thing, but just removing the support spring makes for a sloppy setup. Sure it may seem lighter- but "lighter" and "sloppy" aren't really the same thing- you have not actually resolved anything except now it's easier to shoot unintentionally if your finger is anywhere near the trigger.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
I did my own trigger mods on my G1, and it works great. I learned two things: One, that I was able to do it, and two, that I'll never do it again. $35.00 USD is cheap compared to all the monkeying around.
http://www.airgunhome.com/agforum/viewtopic.php?t=1760&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

The original G1 trigger moves through the first part of its arc without touching anything at all (the so-called "first stage). When it finally contacts other parts it feels heavier because it's pushing on something ("second stage"). The adjusting screw just moves the sear closer and closer to the point of discharge. The issue I have with the original design is that if you adjust it so the second stage starts a hair's breadth from the point of release, then a good bump could also set it off.

Since the trigger doesn't touch anything during the first part of its travel, it needs its own spring to return it to the full-forward position. Removing that spring will definitely lighten the pull, but it leaves the trigger free to flop around. When you put your finger on the trigger, you won't know if it is all the way forward, or poised just on the brink. If you shoot without that spring, I would definitely turn the adjusting screw out some and have it pointed in a safe direction when your finger gets any where near the trigger.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
sureshot18 wrote:
i took the return spring out of my gun, now the trigger moves freely,that is normal right? is this going to harm my gun?


The first 1/4? of the trigger travel is free no force till the trigger ingages
with the sear...It done this with the spring in...you just couldn't feel it because of the spring force...I have put 2000+ pellets though the Kral with out a return spring never failed/misfired....Droped it onto grass from
as high as I could hold it...Still no miss-fire....

So I wonder how long / how meany pellets I have put though it till it becomes un-safe.....I think as meany as any other gun....

Pete

_________________
Career Infinity PCP .22
Webley Patriot .25
Hatsan mod 75 .22
Hatsan mod 99 .177 (Quattro & SAS)
Kral underlever .177


.............................................


.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Crosman g1 trigger 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.