Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles » Air Venturi Avenger 1100 or RWS 34 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Turtle
Member
Member
Joined: 06 May 2010
Posts: 20
sniper wrote:
Turtle wrote:
I live in the city, the pellet death is my only option without getting the police called. Otherwise I'd use an AK on the little turd.

Is the price difference in .177 and .22 really that great?


the only squirrel i've ever shot was with my AK.

it died. Rolling Eyes


There's a bit of a size difference between a squirrel and a woodchuck, I'm perturbed with this woodchuck which is why I suggested such a ridiculous caliber for its slaughter. Thanks for the sarcasm, but I don't think you're quite following along.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
oh i'm following along. i have "a sense of humor" Rolling Eyes .

i off rodents at 10 yards with my 30fpe .22 mrod....

the point being made is use enough gun....

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Turtle
Member
Member
Joined: 06 May 2010
Posts: 20
sniper wrote:
oh i'm following along. i have "a sense of humor" Rolling Eyes .

i off rodents at 10 yards with my 30fpe .22 mrod....

the point being made is use enough gun....


Like I said, follow along. The point I made is that I'm not in a position to "use enough gun", so I'm going to use less gun and shoot twice.

It seems to me that in your small quest for jabbing at me with sarcasm coupled with your overwhelming need to school the "new guy" you've missed very important points in the conversation here. Not to mention made it obvious that you aren't any help to the topic at hand.


Last edited by Turtle on Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2443
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
BTW, what is your budget?

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Turtle
Member
Member
Joined: 06 May 2010
Posts: 20
fritz wrote:
BTW, what is your budget?


I'm trying to stay around $200 and I'd rather go under that mark than over as I still have to buy a rifle for my son after the fact.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:07 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
Turtle wrote:
sniper wrote:
oh i'm following along. i have "a sense of humor" Rolling Eyes .

i off rodents at 10 yards with my 30fpe .22 mrod....

the point being made is use enough gun....


Like I said, follow along. The point I made is that I'm not in a position to "use enough gun", so I'm going to use less gun and shoot twice.

It seems to me that in your small quest for jabbing at me with sarcasm coupled with your overwhelming need to school the "new guy" you've missed very important points in the conversation here. Not to mention made it obvious that you aren't any help to the topic at hand.


between the 2 a d-34. they are proven entry level guns in quality.
one day i will have one. no need to get all fussy and bent out of shape.
this forum ain't a catholic classroom and nobody smacks with a ruler.
loosen up man!!!!

if it was up to me i'd wack rodents with .308...

as for springers.. mid power/.177 is 13-15 fpe
.22/14-16fpe (as already stated)...

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Turtle
Member
Member
Joined: 06 May 2010
Posts: 20
sniper wrote:
Turtle wrote:
sniper wrote:
oh i'm following along. i have "a sense of humor" Rolling Eyes .

i off rodents at 10 yards with my 30fpe .22 mrod....

the point being made is use enough gun....


Like I said, follow along. The point I made is that I'm not in a position to "use enough gun", so I'm going to use less gun and shoot twice.

It seems to me that in your small quest for jabbing at me with sarcasm coupled with your overwhelming need to school the "new guy" you've missed very important points in the conversation here. Not to mention made it obvious that you aren't any help to the topic at hand.


between the 2 a d-34. they are proven entry level guns in quality.
one day i will have one. no need to get all fussy and bent out of shape.
this forum ain't a catholic classroom and nobody smacks with a ruler.
loosen up man!!!!

if it was up to me i'd wack rodents with .308...

as for springers.. mid power/.177 is 13-15 fpe
.22/14-16fpe (as already stated)...


No problem. I'm not bent out of shape, when I'm bent out of shape there's either 4 letter words or complete silence lol. I have a .308, aside from a shotgun it's got the most kick of any long gun I own. As mean as it sounds I would probably chuckle to see that round whack a rodent.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Air Venturi is made by Mendoza of Mexico. I have a Mendoza, and it took nearly a year of fiddling to bring it up to "mediocre." You will find sloppy tolerances and design shortcuts. For example, they come with a pin instead of a screw for the barrel pivot - no way to compensate for wear when the barrel starts flopping around.

You will occasionally find someone that likes their Mendoza, so to be charitable let's say their quality control is erratic. Go for the RWS.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
Air Venturi Avenger 1100 or RWS 34 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Rifles
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.