 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | New Spring Air Gun on the way! |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 am |
|
|
| eagle24 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 05 Apr 2010 |
| Posts: 23 |
| Location: Alabama |
|
|
 |
I placed an order with Pyramydair yesterday:
RWS 34
UTG Base with Droop Compensation
Leapers Low Rings
3-9 x 40AO Hawke Scope
2 tins of JSB pellets
1 tin of H&N
1 tin of RWS
Just under my $400 budget. I'm going to shoot this one a while and give it a chance. I'm sure I will polish and adjust the trigger and eventually order a JM tune kit and seal. I'm going to see what it does "out of the box" for at least a few weeks. Hopefully the Hawke Scope will be decent (salesperson at Pyramyd talked me into it) |
|
Last edited by eagle24 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:17 am |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2443 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
Sounds good, I hope the scope is AO. You will have problems if it's not.
Did you make sure to get weaver/picatinny rings, IIRC the Leapers base uses them, opposed to 11mm dovetail. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:25 am |
|
|
| eagle24 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 05 Apr 2010 |
| Posts: 23 |
| Location: Alabama |
|
|
 |
| Yes, scope is AO. I edited the first OP. The rings are Leapers "space age" Low rings (again talked into by salesperson). They have 4 screws on the ring. They look fine in the pics. If they give me any problems I won't be out too much on them. Basically it is the RWS 34 Striker Combo with the scope upgraded to the Hawke. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm |
|
|
| eagle24 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 05 Apr 2010 |
| Posts: 23 |
| Location: Alabama |
|
|
 |
| RWS 34 arrived today. I just finished mounting the scope and will try it out this afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised with the apparent quality and look of the rifle. It's better than I expected and doesn't look like a toy. I can't wait to see what it will do and see how the trigger feels. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:24 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
| Have fun with it and keep us posted. |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm |
|
|
| J5311 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 30 Aug 2009 |
| Posts: 35 |
| Location: NJ |
|
|
 |
| i wanna know how the scope is. I am going to get the same exact setup, but with a leapers 3-9x40AO scope....... wondering if the hawke is really worth the extra $$ |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm |
|
|
| eagle24 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 05 Apr 2010 |
| Posts: 23 |
| Location: Alabama |
|
|
 |
| J5311 wrote: |
| i wanna know how the scope is. I am going to get the same exact setup, but with a leapers 3-9x40AO scope....... wondering if the hawke is really worth the extra $$ |
I don't know. I'm impressed with the clarity of the Hawke scope. It seems well made and I think I will like it. The only thing I don't like is that it does not have a cap on the top (elevation) turret. I would rather get it sighted in, put a cap on and be done with it. Now, every time I go shoot, I will wonder if my brother, dad, nephews, etc..... gave it a twist just for laughs. BTW, it is a $98 upgrade. Get the RWS-34 Striker Combo (pyramidair) and see how it does. For the price of the scope, I don't think you can go too wrong. You can always upgrade. If you haven't seen this rifle in person, I think you will be very impressed. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:12 am |
|
|
| packrat |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 16 Nov 2009 |
| Posts: 882 |
| Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA. |
|
|
 |
My experience with scopes...Leapers= good Hawke=MORE GOODER  |
|
_________________ HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am |
|
|
| broommaster2000 |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 10 Mar 2007 |
| Posts: 5714 |
| Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands |
|
|
 |
My experience with scopes: Don't look trough a Schmidt & Bender.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 pm |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2443 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
IIRC the USMC scout snipers now use S&B's. Used to be Unterls. That means a lot.  |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|