Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » groves in receiver but no stop hole or stop pin.
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
groves in receiver but no stop hole or stop pin. 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
I am trying to understand how an after market scope stop is going to stop a scope from moving when there is not a hole or pin built into the receiver. If all there is is the groves what is to keep the scope stop from moving along with the scope when the gun recoils?
Would the plastic piece at the rear of the receiver stop the scope from moving?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 882
Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA.
Maybe if you posted a picture of the scope stop??

_________________
HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
packrat wrote:
Maybe if you posted a picture of the scope stop??
That's just it there is no scope stop on the rifle. So one of the different scope stops available after market would need to be used and I don't see how any of them will hold any different than a set of rings attached tightly.

I looked at these...
http://www.pyramydair.com/a/Accessories/Mounts_bases_rings_levels_and_scope_stops/Levels_and_scope_stops/66 and as I said I don't see how they are different than a good scope ring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
kanyon
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 1582
Location: New Zealand
I just drill mine...
put the scope & mount on set it to where yer want
it then remove the scope from the mount and wined
the stop screw down till it leaves a witness mark then remove
the mount and drill the hole...
trick...
drill it upside down & put grease on the drill bit to pick up the drill
swarth...

Or pull it apart....

Pete
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Quite a lot of rifles are made without scope stops, I should assume that the manufacturer decided they weren’t required, or the rifle is a cheapie.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Alstone wrote:
Quite a lot of rifles are made without scope stops, I should assume that the manufacturer decided they weren’t required, or the rifle is a cheapie.

Al
I would say at regular $179.00 clearance $49.00 definitely cheapie. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
drill it upside down & put grease on the drill bit to pick up the drill
swarth...Or pull it apart....


I'm with kanyon. I guess if it were mine I would take it apart, just to be sure I wasn't drilling into something important.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote
donec
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 19 Dec 2009
Posts: 836
Location: central Texas Pflugerville area
Slavia wrote:
Quote:
drill it upside down & put grease on the drill bit to pick up the drill
swarth...Or pull it apart....


I'm with kanyon. I guess if it were mine I would take it apart, just to be sure I wasn't drilling into something important.
I have to admit I am a little intimidated with the idea of taking it apart. I don't really have a place to work and I am not as good at such things as I used to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
groves in receiver but no stop hole or stop pin. 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.