Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo » Single Pellet Dispenser (UPDATE) Goto page 1, 2  Next
Single Pellet Dispenser (UPDATE) 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:56 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Hi I've been thinking about the problem of loading a single shot gun when on the move, such as in a field, wood or if your in Canada the Rocky Mountains.

I an quite pleased about this project so much so that I do think that there is a possible commercial value in producing this item, but after giving it a bit of thought I decided to publish it here first and let it be freely available, but if it does appear from a commercial manufacturer, remember you saw it here first.

Anyway Here’s my design for a single pellet dispenser

The Dispenser is very simple, has no moving parts and can be made from easily obtainable bits, the tube is made from an old car/radio aerial the shroud around the bottom is a piece of .005” brass shim and a length of heat shrink tube to hold it on.

There is nothing critical about the measurements apart from setting the gripper part of the tube, after cutting out the V ( which goes about ¼” up into the shroud) slot in the tube bend the tips in but you must keep the curve of the tube right to the tip otherwise the pellet will drop out.

This was developed for Eric for when he is galloping around those woods chasing a Groundhog and can't find a pellet in his Scout pouch. Laughing

View the photo’s and Video and have a go.

Al

And The Video

Video Here

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:32 am Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thats amazing Al!! I'm gonna try and get around to making one this week.

I actually have a similar thing in my house made out of a paper towel roll and masking tape to dispense beer pong balls. Mr. Green

How noisy is it? will the pellets rattle around inside the tube and scare away that groundhog? I'm not really a hunter so I'm only asking incase I need to take my pellet gun with me on ninja missions

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Hi Al

That's very impressive!! Why hasn't anyone thought of that before!?! lol

Doesn't look too hard to make either!

Stevie Thumb Up!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi Dedpool
If the Groundhog can hear the pellets rattling in the tube then he's sat on the end of your rifle pulling faces. Smile

Stevie

I've searched the Internet for anything like this so if someone has thought of it, I haven't seen it.

It's very easy to make, the tube is 5mm inside bore for .177 but thats not critical, 6mm would be allright for .22. The V is about 12mm long, and when you have got it cut pinch the ends in until it holds a pellet 1-2mm from the bottom.

It's all a bit trial and error and as you can see the one I made is is bit rough and ready but it works very well, I didn't put any fancy bits on it or finish it off professionally for the prototype, it was just a matter of getting the principle working, people can add there own fancy bits.

Have fun

Al

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Hey! No making fun of my scout pouch idea! Mr. Green

Nice concept for sure. The loop on the top is keeping everything from falling out the top and putting more in at the moment? Any idea how easily a car antenna can be threaded for a screw-on cap or the like?

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
There you go again Eric I make it simple and you want a screw. Laughing

But seriously threading an aerial is very difficult because of the lack of material on the wall, the best way if you want a screw cap is to thread a larger dia piece of brass say 5/16" UNF, bore the middle out to the dia of the tube and solder it on and make a cap to fit, you could fasten say five of these units on to a alunimium plate and have 100 pellets for ready use.

You could probably make it out of say a Bic pen and use the cap to seal it, the dia only has to be right at the exit point.

I'm working on the MKll model now a lot more sophisticated, when get it sorted I'll post it.

Al

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:01 pm Reply with quote
dedpool
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
imagine one of these on your gun filled with a bunch of Al's dispensers Uzi Shooting

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
Alstone
This is the MKll pellet dispenser it works a lot smoother than the previous one, but is more difficult to make.

If you do want to make it you will need:-

1/ a piece of 6mm dia bar 2" long or a piece of 6mm x 4.5mm bore tube.
2/ a 1/4" or 6mm taper reamer
3/ a 4.5mm drill
4/ a Bic pen or something similar.

I made this one using a lathe but only to bore out the bar to 4.5mm, if you can get tube 6mm x 4.5mm bore the job is a lot easier, the taper in the bore is important the dispenser will not work without it.

Have Fun.

The New Video

Second Video

Al

Last edited by Alstone on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a darn good idea.

I don't have a lathe, would you be able to supply a tip for 22 cal?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
That Mk II looks very good- like it just rolled off a production line.

Maybe Al should start selling these. I don't know what a good "price point" for them would be or what the materials and time invested is- but it might be interesting as a sort of "hobby business". Not ongoing- but make a run of a couple hundred, call them "Limited Edition" and sell them off! Might be able to fund your next couple of gun purchases with the proceeds. Cool

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.

Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:43 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Hi Mar Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the compliment on the loader, unfortunately after I've made one mod, accessory, or gun fitting I get fedup so I'm not in the market for supplying anything I make, other wise I would be flat out every day with requests for the modding of guns, gun sights, pellet loaders etc, and as I have retired I like the quite life. Thats why I publish ideas on Airgunhome so that people can make there own, Plus I'm in the UK.

If you get a piece of 6mmx 4.5mm tube and a taper reamer it is not to difficult to make, the only reason I used a lathe is that I couldn't be bothered to go down to the model shop and get some tube. I'm a bit of an idle bugger sometimes. Smile

have a go.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
Alstone
AirGunEric wrote:
That Mk II looks very good- like it just rolled off a production line.

Maybe Al should start selling these. I don't know what a good "price point" for them would be or what the materials and time invested is- but it might be interesting as a sort of "hobby business". Not ongoing- but make a run of a couple hundred, call them "Limited Edition" and sell them off! Might be able to fund your next couple of gun purchases with the proceeds. Cool

Hi Eric I think I posted at the same time as you.

If I made pellet loaders to sell I would have to charge about £10.00 / $20.00 Can plus p&p, which would make it quite expensive, plus as I said in the previous post I'm lazy. Now if someone wants to make these under licence at say 25% of selling price, then I would be interested.

Al

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Mar
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Haha! I'm kinda lazy also. Laughing Thanks for the welcome and the idea, now I have more project to get around to tackle someday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
Crosman140
I realize that this is a 4 year old post, but definitely worth reviving.

I made one of these. I used one of those clear Bic pens, removing the pen components leaving only the clear tube.

Then, I cut off the tapered end, drilled it out a tiny bit, and inserted a spent .22LR cartridge and super glued it in place.

I then used my belt sander and fashioned the brass cartridge until it looked like the little "tweezer-like" pellet holder end you see in Alstone's pictures.

Lastly, I drilled a hole through the tube at the oposite end just big enough to feed some string or paracord through. This serves two purposes... 1) it keeps the pellets from falling back out the top 2) you can hang it around your neck to keep your pellets handy while out on your hunt.

Here is a picture. Sorry for the low quality...I used my cell phone.

.177 Crosman 1377 (2009)
.177 Daisy 880 (2019)
BB Daisy Red Ryder (2012)
BB Daisy Buck (2019)
BB Crosman 1600 (1980)
BB Marksman 1010 (1979)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote
donec
How do you get the pellet out? Pull it out with your fingers? After seeing this thread I made one using a clear bic pin case like you but put a piece of plastic inside that allowed you to push the row of pellets down so you didn't have to touch the pellet you just put the dispenser to the breach and push the plastic plunger. However I found it still too clumsy for me so I went back to putting them in by hand.
Single Pellet Dispenser (UPDATE) 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Pellets/Ammo