 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:01 am |
|
|
| Redster |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 27 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 57 |
|
|
|
 |
I'm seeing only around 870fps on my Phantom, but that is with these Gamo Match pellets and I'm not sure about the weight on them. I'm going to test it with a ten-shot selection each of Crosman, Daisy and RWS match pellets and record and post here what I get. I'll also try the fastest with Napiers and see how that works out.
I've checked out one of my 1077s, and I was averaging in the 580fps range for the first string of ten, then dropped to around 460fps on the second string. I think my AirSource tank is starting to run out.
Yes , everything seems to work just fine on the Chrony, I was able to save to permanent memory, select a half-filled string after turning the Chrony off and back on and shoot out to complete the string. As soon as I finish reading the instructions I'll figure out all of the items I need to record on the stat sheet and clear the memory and go for more.
The software/cable is an extra which costs $79.95 direct from Shooting Chrony:
http://www.shootingchrony.com/products_software.htm
I think it is a definite must buy, especially since the Chrony itself was such a great buy at DNR!
I'll keep you posted. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 am |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Good stuff.
$79.95 for the cable and software? I wonder if anyone out there makes an equivalent setup (I bet the cable is probably just a common serial (RS-232) cable- but the software may be the "hook"). Something to search for when I have a minute or three... |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:22 am |
|
|
| Redster |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 27 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 57 |
|
|
|
 |
The cable is a DB9 serial on the computer end and a stereo mini-plug on the Chrony end. Now, if somebody had one already, and could tell me what three pins on the DB9 hook up to what rings on the mini-plug ... ... I could probably hook it up and with a regular AT command just have it dump the data to the port. Then I would have to capture it in a text file and study it to see what was what and build a routine to write it out to maybe a delimited file you could import into a spread sheet.
Now, if this were 15 years ago, when my wife let me play for hours undisturbed at my computer, I would probably give it a shot ...
I think I'll not push my luck and just cough up the 80 bucks.  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| Maybe once you have the cable- some investigation is in order- perhaps a money-making opportunity- sell the "plans" or a "kit" that's ready to use for 1/2 or less than the $80.00? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:30 pm |
|
|
| Redster |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 27 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 57 |
|
|
|
 |
Now there's an interesting idea.
If I found out how it works, and drug my C++ compiler out of the closet, maybe I could build a neat program for doing it.
When a shot in a string went over the average, I could mark it with AGE's "Rooting Banana" avatar. I've always thought programs were way too dull.
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:18 am |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Hey Red: Ever look into that Software/hookup idea?
I've decided I'm going to get a Beta Master (memory and remote display) Chrony- and was wondering if you'd seriously considered programming something and/or making a hook-up connector. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:40 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
Also- for anyone who hasn't discovered this:
D&R will ship to Canada and the UK- just search for them via your country-code Ebay (i.e. www.Ebay.ca or www.ebay.co.uk). They have "Buy It Now" and Dutch (Multiple Item) Auctions set up with shipping fees included in these regions.
I just ordered a Beta Master Chrony for $99.95 US- which is the same as their "regular" store price. I bought via Ebay because I wanted to use up money in a PayPal account.
Here's the main US Store: http://stores.ebay.com/D-R-SPORTS-CENTER
And no one else even came close to having a $99.95 Beta Master- more like $130-150.00 + shipping. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|