Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics » Sighting my non-AO scope Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 882
Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA.
Like I had posted earlier concerning my Storm xt and trouble with scope....I filed the bottom of the ring mounts to better fit the groove,,this was with the rings that came with gun...theangle of the tiny bit that fits into the groove was just a wee bit off. So, I git a good sharp file and re-cut the bottomprat on the rings to change the angle and to make it just a very bit thinner. when I got done, I checked and found that after filing, that re=worked edge fit into the grooves a LOT better. Put it back together and have had no trouble with it about 1,200 rounds shot through it since the fix Wink Wink

_________________
HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quote
packrat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 882
Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA.
packrat wrote:
Like I had posted earlier concerning my Storm xt and trouble with scope....I filed the bottom of the ring mounts to better fit the groove,,this was with the rings that came with gun...theangle of the tiny bit that fits into the groove was just a wee bit off. So, I git a good sharp file and re-cut the bottomprat on the rings to change the angle and to make it just a very bit thinner. when I got done, I checked and found that after filing, that re=worked edge fit into the grooves a LOT better. Put it back together and have had no trouble with it about 1,200 rounds shot through it since the fix Wink Wink

Maybe the rings that came with your Storm are from the same batch as mine were.....the thin little edge that's supposed to fit in the grooves of the rifle were too thick and were cut at a wrong angle..Get a REALL bright flashlight and have a THOROUGH look at yours....hope this helps!

_________________
HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
alphakilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 121
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia
packrat wrote:
packrat wrote:
Like I had posted earlier concerning my Storm xt and trouble with scope....I filed the bottom of the ring mounts to better fit the groove,,this was with the rings that came with gun...theangle of the tiny bit that fits into the groove was just a wee bit off. So, I git a good sharp file and re-cut the bottomprat on the rings to change the angle and to make it just a very bit thinner. when I got done, I checked and found that after filing, that re=worked edge fit into the grooves a LOT better. Put it back together and have had no trouble with it about 1,200 rounds shot through it since the fix Wink Wink

Maybe the rings that came with your Storm are from the same batch as mine were.....the thin little edge that's supposed to fit in the grooves of the rifle were too thick and were cut at a wrong angle..Get a REALL bright flashlight and have a THOROUGH look at yours....hope this helps!


Thanks, I might give a try.

_________________
Beeman 1073 Sportsman .177/.22 dual caliber
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote
alphakilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 121
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia
Dead Horse Well, since my last post, I had a dream Idea . I dreamed i was shooting my Storm with the scope mounted and the scope stayed secured. In my dream I had gone out and purchased longer bolts for the top mount, giving me more "bite"/torque. Well, when I woke up, I hurried on down to HOME DEPOT and bought some 4mmX12mm bolts to replace the 4mmX10mm bolts that came with the one-piece mount. I replaced all the bolts with the longer ones and, I think I have the winning ticket with it. The top part of the mount came almost all the down and, the are all even. Whereas before I had a heck of an opening. I'm allowing the loctite to set up. I feel really good about it but, I won't know anything til I've shot a couple hundred rounds thru her. Since the great Mike Iaconneli grew up 10 miles from me, I have to quote him... "NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!" Smile

_________________
Beeman 1073 Sportsman .177/.22 dual caliber
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote
packrat
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 16 Nov 2009
Posts: 882
Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA.
Excellento !! Hope this fixes it for ya..I know you gotta be tired of messing with it, huh?

_________________
HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
alphakilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 121
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia
packrat wrote:
Excellento !! Hope this fixes it for ya..I know you gotta be tired of messing with it, huh?


Yeah, I did a little research and, it seems that I'm not alone having scope issues with this rifle:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews114230.html

_________________
Beeman 1073 Sportsman .177/.22 dual caliber
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sighting my non-AO scope 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Optics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 2  
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.