Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum

AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery » New and improved ! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:57 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
fritz wrote:
I thought you where limited to under 12fpe. Now I'm liking the law in England even more.

To shoot airguns over 12 flb you need to apply for a FAC certificate, Basically a fire arms licence, but if your going to do that you may as well go for a .22 rim fire.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
fritz wrote:
I thought you where limited to under 12fpe. Now I'm liking the law in England even more.

To shoot airguns over 12 flb you need to apply for a FAC certificate, Basically a fire arms licence, but if your going to do that you may as well go for a .22 rim fire.

Al

You're also not allowed to shoot in your garden anymore, right?

Which makes sense of course.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote
SnowBunny
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Gone

Last edited by SnowBunny on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
He IS a US poster.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Because he is a US poster is why I had to say something about supressors.

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
broommaster2000 wrote:
Alstone wrote:
fritz wrote:

Al

You can shoot in you garden any airgun up to 12 flb, but not powder burners or FAC airifles, don't forget FAC pistols are banned here.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Alstone wrote:
broommaster2000 wrote:
Alstone wrote:
fritz wrote:

Al

You can shoot in you garden any airgun up to 12 flb, but not powder burners or FAC airifles, don't forget FAC pistols are banned here.

Al

Sounds reasonably reasonable. Mr. Green

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
How popular are airguns in England? Like does everyone and their brother own one? Or is it more like 1 in 5? 1 in 10?

I guess you can include all types of airguns.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
fritz wrote:
How popular are airguns in England? Like does everyone and their brother own one? Or is it more like 1 in 5? 1 in 10?

I guess you can include all types of airguns.

Air gunning is very popular in England most of the male population own or have owned an airgun, also we have the most top quality air gun manufactures in the World based here, plus some of the biggest airgun forums.

The type of guns owned over here by serious users are BSA, Air Arms, Webley, Theoben, Brocock, Daystate, Parker hail, Weihrauch etc. PCP air guns are very popular and most club shooters use them or a quality springer, the same applies for hunting and FT. There is very little market for American made guns, you very rarely see a Crosman or Benjamin although the odd Disco is turning up now and then, plus we do have the usual Chinese crap which is usually sold in sporting goods shops, air gun dealers don’t tend to stock them as it would look bad selling them next to a Daystate etc.

All in all the air gun scene in England is doing ok at the moment, you have to realise that there are so many restrictions regarding powder burners that everyone turns to airguns with very little problems.

Al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
That's good reason to move to England, but I don't think I could do without being able to own a .45. Your gun laws are worse than NJ, even in NJ we can carry concealed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
I think it's rather typical and pretty sad that you base a countries preference on what caliber you're about to carry concealed. Faq-U

All a guy needs is 12 Fpe and a good back yard. Mr. Green

Just keeping the discussion going. Razz

Had a rough night. Mosquitos, you can only hear them. They drive me mad!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Who said "concealed". Once I move out of Jersey it should be a state with OPEN carry. Like it should be. But let's save that topic for another forum.

I can barely stand NJ. It's probably illegal for me to have this tin of RWS .22 HP next to me. God forbid I had some in my pocket and they fell out in front of a cop.

He who gives up his rights for temporary peace and safety deserves neither. I'm sure you had nothing to do with the laws, Broom. I feel sorry for you guys. The same with Aussies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
I still like the idea of a law enforcement officer coming to your house...WITH a CHRONY, and testing your airgun to see if it is over 12 ft/lbs. Like when they passed the law, they actually issued out chronies to all law enforcement agencies and trained them how to use them and enforce the law. LOL

And what if you just happened to be "fresh out" of pellets for him to use when testing your ag? I assume he has a sampler pack in his police car, which of course would be in all calibers, including 20 cal!

And if your airgun is only 11 ft/lbs, then the cop would have to pack up his chrony and embarassingly apologize for the inconvenience.

What I would do is call in to the cop shop and anonymously report myself or someone else as using a an overpowered airgun. Just to see if the cops would even bother coming out, or have the capacity to even test the ag to see if it is in violation.

Remember that these laws are passed by clueless beaurocrats, and most of the time have no practical way of even being enforced.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Oh, Broom: Forgot you where in NL... I keep thinking you are in England for some reason.

I have always wondered what is stopping English airgunners (and Canadian) from just modifying their "legal" guns to be over 12fpe/500fps.

If someone were to question the legality you could easily swap out parts and become legal again... not hard. I guess these laws are based on the honor system? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Quote:
I guess these laws are based on the honor system?

No law should be based on people being stupid enough to actually obey it.

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Picture Gallery