Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Hold sensitivity
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Hold sensitivity 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Griff1950
Member
Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Location: Arkansas
It's unreal how sensitive the RS2 is to variations in hold. I was experimenting today, and can make the gun shoot high, right, left, or low just by holding it a bit differently. I'm talking about a 3-4" difference at 20-25 meters. None of my burners have ever been that picky, not even the flinters. So far, I find that my best hold is with a relaxed, softly cupped hand. If I try holding with my palm flat, letting the rifle simply lie there, it will occasionally throw a shot right or left. Any observations or tips out there?
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
my tech 89 does the same thing. i end up pulling to the right. let the rifle just rest on your forward hand. don't actually hold on to it. these are both chinese guns. not real precision springers. Wink

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Not wishing to demean the R52, but a lot of the problem is quality of build and design, also American air gunners always seem to want a high output in terms of fps. Try retuning it to a bit less power until you find the sweet spot, or get it tuned by one of the numerous places in the US where this is done, the only problem there is it may cost you as much as the gun in the first place.

Over here we have a limit of 12flb but I find that running my B4 at 10.5 flb it shoots good groups but at 12 flb its rubbish.

Al

_________________


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:06 am Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 272
Location: Hopewell Junction
I sold my Diana because I couldn't hit squat with it and I bought a tech 99 and the guns both hit in the same spot when shooting. I know it's me and have come to the conclusion that I am not a springer shooter and just maybe a springer thrower Twisted Evil

_________________
crosman2250 xt
crosman 1077
crosman modded 2240
benji 392
drozd bumble bee
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:57 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
my RS2 took a couple thousand pellets thru it before i got the technique down. keep with it, youll get the hang of it. learn something called the "artillery hold" and you'll find the rifle shoots much better.

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hold sensitivity 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Griff1950
Member
Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Location: Arkansas
DR, I've tried the artillery hold, it gives me about one flier out of 5, usually way off to the right. I can normally call the one that goes out of the group because I can feel the gun kick out to the right. If I hold it in a very softly cupped hand, it greatly reduces the number of fliers. Oh, and for those who say the RS2 isn't a precision gun, this one (at least with the .22 barrel) is capable of sub-1/2" groups at 25 meters. I'm just not that good yet, but improving day by day. When our fall squirrel season opens, this thing is gonna be "The Terminator"!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Griff.... give it time and be patient with it. if your able to call your flyers... that tells me you almost have the hold right, your awareness of what they gun is doin is there, just need to learn a little bit more finesse. like i said, it took me alot of shots to get it down!!!


keep it up... youll like the RS2

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hold sensitivity 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.