Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Wal-Mart Beeman again
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Wal-Mart Beeman again 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Griff1950
Member
Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Location: Arkansas
Well, after several hundred shots thru the .22 barrel, it's beginning to settle in. I bought a 4-16X50AO Centerpoint scope yesterday, got it mounted today, and proceeded to zero it. That added magnification is a real aid to these old eyes. I set up my bench in the shop, shooting out the door, and by moving the crosshairs to cover the first hole in the target, my 2nd shot took most of the black out of a 1/4" bullseye. This at 10 meters. I then moved out to 25 meters and rezeroed just as easily as the first time, and proceeded to fire 3-shot groups with the scope set at about 12X. Results were astounding for me! Most of my groups would easily fit under a dime with room to spare, and I was able to call most fliers before even checking the target. I even took out a fly that landed on the target. This is the same gun that I was so frustrated with just a few weeks ago. I think I might finally be getting the hang of this thing now that I can see what I'm shooting at!!!!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Good that you got it sorted out- but now you have a scope that probably cost more than the rifle!

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wal-Mart Beeman 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Griff1950
Member
Member
Joined: 29 Apr 2009
Posts: 72
Location: Arkansas
Eric, I bought the scope at the same store as the rifle, $69.97. When I figure out how, I'll post some groups and let you see if it was worthwhile. I usually fire 3-shot groups, since this is primarily a hunting/plinking gun, and it's the first shot out of the tube that's the important one.
View user's profile Send private message
Wal-Mart Beeman again 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.