 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:10 am |
|
|
| bltefft |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 13 Jun 2009 |
| Posts: 13 |
|
|
|
 |
| dummyracer36 wrote: |
| i have a .22 SuperStreak, and love it. i bought a GRT trigger for it, that i have yet to bother installing mainly cause i really dont have any complaints about the stock unit. it is a bit hold sensitive, but thats par for the course with most spring guns. |
I've heard a lot of good things about the GRT trigger. Maybe I ought to call and see if it will fit my Ruger.
Hack |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 pm |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:40 pm |
|
|
| bltefft |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 13 Jun 2009 |
| Posts: 13 |
|
|
|
 |
Thanks for looking for me.
Oh well, more $$$ I can spend on pellets.
Hack |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:51 pm |
|
|
| Verado |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 26 Nov 2009 |
| Posts: 70 |
|
|
|
 |
| Hello all, new member. Found this topic to be fairly helpful. I also am looking at the Remington Vantage and the Big Cat 1200. I've found alot of upgrades for the Gamo and not so much for the Remington. Im guessing since the RV uses the same platform has the Crosman those upgrades like the GRT trigger and nitro piston are compatible with this. If Im wrong can somebody correct me |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:05 pm |
|
|
| AirGunEric |
| Site Admin |

 |
 |
| Joined: 20 Jan 2007 |
| Posts: 6930 |
| Location: "Out There" |
|
|
 |
| The Remington Vantage is effectively a Crosman Quest/Phantom and all the same upgrade parts are applicable. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:44 pm |
|
|
| packrat |
| Senior Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 16 Nov 2009 |
| Posts: 882 |
| Location: Out in the woods...Ellabell, GA. |
|
|
 |
So,gophergetter, were you using your neighbors gun for your testing, or have you bought a rifle already? 2 weeks ago I bought the Crosman Storm XT (which I understand now is the Quest, but with a cheaper scope..anyhow, I've put 750 rounds (appro.) through mine and I'm liking it more and more every time I use it. But, I'm just a rookie with airguns, so I'd advise to follow advice of these guys that have years and years of experience....and welcome to what has got to be the PREMIER site for all things airgun related  |
|
_________________ HEY !! This getting old thing is NOT for sissies... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:05 pm |
|
|
| Verado |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 26 Nov 2009 |
| Posts: 70 |
|
|
|
 |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | again..don't rule out Beeman rifles |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:46 am |
|
|
| donwalk |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 09 Jun 2009 |
| Posts: 247 |
| Location: republik of kaliphornia |
|
|
 |
here's what this
rifle wiil do...
there's six pellets in the circled group...three are stacked one on top of another in the middle left hole. |
|
_________________ never squat while wearing spurs...will rogers |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:29 am |
|
|
| jlwilliams |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 02 Oct 2009 |
| Posts: 264 |
| Location: Jacksonville, NC USA |
|
|
 |
A year or two ago I got a Crosman Quest in 22 for general knocking around and vermination. Considering that it was about a hundred bucks with a scope, I'm real happy with it. Mine's still bone stock. All I do is pull a bore snake through it every so often, and a very occasional drop of RWS oil. Good for minute of squirrel accuracy and light enough to carry around a little. I know it won't last forever, but for the price and the amount I shoot it it's fine.
At the risk of herecy, I'm only luke warm on the RWS. I had one years ago (I think it was a 34, and I had it inn the early '90s) At first I was absolutely in love with it, but as time went by I shot it enough to basicly use it up. It had vibrated itself into a rattling mess wit a few replaced screws and a rattling plastic butcap. I'm older now and should really consider the Beemn rifles I have always wanted. An R1 and a Kodiac. They're on the list......I have a few powder burners and NFA items ahead of them. |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:17 am |
|
|
| Amigo |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 18 Sep 2008 |
| Posts: 263 |
| Location: U.S. MidWest |
|
|
 |
Fried rabbit - YUM  |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:27 am |
|
|
| alphakilla |
| Veteran Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 121 |
| Location: Commonwealth of Virginia |
|
|
 |
| I don't claim to know anything about the inner mechanics of an airgun but, I've had my Storm XT for rite around 4 years and, the older mine gets the better it gets. It has really calmed down a lot (recoil). I mainly use it for small game hunting so, compared to hardcore target shooters, I haven't put as many pellets thru it. Over the years I've taken down raccoons, furrel cats, crows and, even full grown groundhogs with it. I have never owned a high dollar airgun so, I can't recommend one. Whatever you get just remember theses 2 words, "BLUE LOK-TITE" FOR YOUR SCOPE. |
|
_________________ Beeman 1073 Sportsman .177/.22 dual caliber |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:53 am |
|
|
| Slavia |
| Moderator |

 |
 |
| Joined: 31 Mar 2008 |
| Posts: 4382 |
| Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA |
|
|
 |
| Quote: |
| I've had my Storm XT for rite around 4 years and, the older mine gets the better it gets. |
I've read that it takes like 800-1000 rounds to break in a springer. Just to compare, is that close to what you have? |
|
_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego! |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|