Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues » Dutch!
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Dutch! 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hello!

I'm from the netherlands, where the lands are low, and airrifles costly!

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:51 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Welcome aboard broommaster- you are the second guy here from the Netherlands. I know there are more people in Europe looking over site- but you guys seem to be the bravest so far! Yes Nod

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:38 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Technically, the dutch invented democracy! Very Happy

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:33 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
"Invented democracy"? OK- I'll bite- can you explain?

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Bit of history then.

A long time ago, there was what we called the 80 Years war. (1568-1648, with a 12-year truce 1609-1621). It was a bit of a battle between Catholics and Protestants. This lead to the becoming of the Netherlands as a country.

Long story short, Duke of Alva, who was not the spanish king but a prick raising taxes in the Netherlands got kicked out by Willam of Orange, who got himself shot later on.

Anyway, we ended up with "Stadhouders" which are actually some sort of majors in arms or something. They served the country that was then called "the republic of united netherlands". (beats united states huh?) Every dutch province got one and they all gathered in our capital, and the building where they gathered to discuss the future of our little country still remains where it is right now. As we all know, the base of democracy is a lot of representatives of the people (by that time, mostly rich people with something to earn, but it's a base, right?) who work together to make the union of provinces stronger. In that time, military and merchandise was most important for a country.

Around 1600 - 1700 we started the industrial age with high tech windmills. It resulted in us becoming the most powerfull sea-nation of that time, even though we put most of our time in killing indonesians and trying to steal land from the british, the spanish, and well, those kind of imperial things.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
Ha Ha!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Alstone wrote:
Ha Ha!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy


Damn those Greeks and Romans for always doing things "first"! Dirty bastards... Giant Grin

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I thought you'd come up with that. Let's not forget the fact that while we were a republic, most other countries were ruled by kings and emperors, mostly dictators.

Besides, wasn't the roman empire ruled by emperors, who were commonly reffered to as dictators? And what about the greeks themselves? They were known for their kings, and wars.

What I ment is that modern Democracy was more or less invented by the dutch, maybe reinvented, but that also goes for hamburgers and toilets.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Oh come on!

It's not like they actually landed on the moon!

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:03 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
broommaster2000 wrote:
Oh come on!

It's not like they actually landed on the moon!


Huh? Who- you mean the Greeks and the Romans? Maybe they did Naughty


Hmmm Sign

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:11 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I'm just trying to say what everybody's thinking. The dutch are bad-a$$ :P

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Is that what people are thinking?

I dunno- maybe if you post up more pics of some bad-a$$ airguns, we'll start to believe you (maybe is the key word here). Giant Grin

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
In that case...

It's not common for a dutch airgunner to own something like a .50 airgun. Some versions are home made. There also isn't a limit to the power output of an airgun.

The law on airguns here is not very strickt. As long as they don't look like a "real" gun. I've already seen some pretty nasty guns that were used for 100 meter shoots. huge pressure tanks and such. You can't

I can post a link to the other forum, so you can see what people post there.

Not sure if the .50's are on there.

http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?

Gun-ish.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
2RCHA
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 195
Location: The Big Smoke, Ontario
Hey Broom,. is the "Bulldog" Cafe still operating in Amsterdam?,,when I was posted to Germany we'd usually go up to Amsterdam every couple of week's for a 48,,Aaahhhhh, the memories,,ApfelBoom beer, and Royal Nepalese,,,I'm actually surprised I remember anything at all,LOL, Andy.

_________________
QB78-D w/Fitco 4-16x44CE
2x,XS B4-2a .177/.22 w/Fitco 3-9x40
XS B2-2a .22 w/Simmons 3-9x40
XS B9-1 w/AimPoint CompM2
TAC1 Extreme w/Tasco 3-9x40/Var,. Kit
2240/2289g w/Fitco 3-12x40K-GD
Gamo Recon w/ Fitco 2-7x32k
QB-57Deluxe .22 w/Fitco 2-7x32k
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:03 pm Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
I don't really spend much time in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is to me the least interesting city in the Netherlands.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
Dutch! 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » Clubs/Events/Regional/Political Airgun Issues
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.