Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » How fast can you take apart and reassemble your gun?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
How fast can you take apart and reassemble your gun? 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I needed to take a couple of pictures of a valve assembly today for a Crosman 1077. So, I put the screwdrivers on the table, a set of calipers to measure a couple parts- and disassemble it to remove the valve.

No kidding, I had it apart, valve and tube out, measurements done, pictures taken and gun reassembled in under 10 minutes. If I wasn't taking the pictures it would have been more like 3 minutes end-to-end. I had to stop and think about it afterwards to be sure I hadn't forgotten something somewhere (I didn't) because it just seemed too fast- perhaps because I wasn't really thinking about it- just doing it.

Anyone else find they can disassemble and reassemble some guns in their sleep? Not like I've practiced this sort of thing and I think I've only had the 1077 apart maybe 10 times in total. Just found it a bit odd.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
I've had my QB78 now for a week and have had it apart at least 6 times, the last time I stripped it down I actually looked at the clock when I did it, I stripped it right down including the valve but not the trigger and it took four and a half minutes.

Mind you it took a bit longer to put it back again.

Al
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I think I made myself a trap.

Now that I can apparently do the breakdown and reassembly of the receiver housing in less than 5 minutes to get the guts in/out (excluding the Co² chamber/tube) I've had it apart 4 or 5 times today alone to experiment with some valve alterations. Found out something interesting about a plate in the valve head that I thought would be detrimental to gas flow- turns out it actually helped gas flow to the pellet. Only have a couple other things to try with the valve, but they involve more work and will undoubtedly need alot of trial and error testing- so I think I will stop for awhile to actually spend some time shooting, not modifying.

Apparently I sometimes forget the guns are for shooting, not fiddling with the internals.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Alstone
Moderator & Site Supporter
Moderator & Site Supporter
Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 4139
Location: Linconshire, ENGLAND
But thats half the fun, like cars (autos)

Al


Last edited by Alstone on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
How fast can you take apart and reassemble your gun? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.