Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » new convert Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
new convert 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
so the other day wife and i were driving back from an afternoon with an out of town friend. instead of sitting in rush hour traffic, we decided to drop by a guy i havent seen in ages (an old racing buddy of mine). this guy is a die hard burner guy. after all the hellos and catching up, he starts showin me his newest guns. nice stuff, but not my thing. i just "happened" to have the Logun and the Super Streak in the trunk, so out i go to get them. bring them inside, he seems unimpressed, but was nice about it. he lives in a secluded area, so i suggest we go out back and shoot a few pellets. him with the SS and me with the Logun . first off hes wayyyyyyy impressed with the power of the SS and how quiet the Logun is. he got hooked on the SS, as it was such a challenge for him to shoot accurately. we ended up goin thru about 1000 pellets before we ran out of light.
he called me this morning to invite me over for a BBQ today, so long as i bring some AGs, and to pick my brain about some good adult AGs.... hes got the bug!!!

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
doesn't take much. i'd like to know why i spent almost $2500 on my M1A??

it lives as a conversation piece. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 272
Location: Hopewell Junction
It isn't hard to get hooked! this site is living proof of that. I was outside shooting dollar store soldiers yesterday and what a rip that was, after a few shots I was knocking the hell out of them. next bbq stop by the dollar store and he'll definately be hooked
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
flew past me the first read dummy. why do you carry airguns in your trunk?

i like it though.

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:35 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
The only shooters that don't like airguns are the uneducated ones. I firmly believe that. Seems to me that almost every adult airgunner who gets into/goes back to "firearms" proper never gives up on airguns, and sometimes- just sometimes if the wind is blowing just right you can hear the words "Rosebud... Rosebud..." -but I digress ( Wink ), anyways- sometimes you can find a convert and bring them over to the "fun side" where they don't spend mega-bucks on ammo and break their shoulders to have a little fun shooting.

Good job in any event... Very Happy

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:45 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
sniper wrote:
flew past me the first read dummy. why do you carry airguns in your trunk?

i like it though.



i had been shooting pigeons in the warehouse the other day, and never took the AGs out of the trunk.

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
I'm sure you didn't forget to take them out...

And Sniper, you spent $2500 because airguns don't do much against more "human like" targets...

Good job there Dummy. It's nice to have new addicts.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Jaxom
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 927
"airguns don't do much against more "human like" targets... "

See, when I mention to my friends that I'm into air gunnning, they have this same exact attitude. Heck, even my ex pulled a no brainer the other days. She dropped by with the lil one, without calling first. I had my 2300kt set up to do targets in the house. Lil one goes running towards it and I jump on it before she gets to it...ex is like, "oh that's just an air gun, couldn't hurt anybody..." OY!!!!

I'm glad DR brought someone else into the brother hood of AGing, but we really need to do something about this "toy" issue that folks have. Yet do it such a manor the anti any gun crowd don't jump on them at the same time.

_________________
.22 2300kt Crosman Custom
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
I think Fritz only owns one airgun, and has only shot it twice...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
fritz wrote:

And Sniper, you spent $2500 because airguns don't do much against more "human like" targets...


http://www.airguns.nl/applications/web_show_test/artikel_info.php?item=137

€ 3,495 = $ 4,897.19.

A powerfull .22 airgun can easily kill someone too. Airguns are just better then firearms because they don't need much cleaning. There are firearms for $ 100 available too, I'm sure.

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote
fritz
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 25 Nov 2008
Posts: 2444
Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia
Ya, old Mosins can sell for $100. Usually not the most attractive or accurate guns either.

I won't argue (because I know I'm right), that everything has a place in the gun world. You don't take your minigun squirrel hunting and you don't take the .22 condor into battle (unless against squirrels).

And DR, you ex is an idiot, that 2300 could really hurt one of the kiddies.

_________________
"I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa

Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.

It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:34 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
fritz wrote:


And DR, you ex is an idiot, that 2300 could really hurt one of the kiddies.



while i agree, my EX is indeed an idiot, it was Jaxom's EX in that particular idiocy. Cool

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:16 am Reply with quote
Slavia
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Posts: 4382
Location: Waseca, Minnesota, USA
Quote:
The only shooters that don't like airguns are the uneducated ones.


In a range setting I have seen that displaying a serious regard for safety, courtesy, housekeeping, and marksmanship will help people begin to accept your airgun as a serious tool.

Tool is the word - you wouldn't use a sledge hammer to hang a picture, and you wouldn't use a tack hammer to drive railroad spikes. Same with guns. "Impact on human targets" isn't a dividing line, it's just one of a host of tasks.

_________________
¡Listo! ¡Apunte! ¡Fuego!
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 am Reply with quote
broommaster2000
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2007
Posts: 5714
Location: City of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
There used to be an old famer around here who used his shotgun to scare people away from his fields. That was back in the old days of '95. Mr. Green

_________________
BIG GAP
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Rogerflat
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 2051
Most anyone (males at least) would be infatuated with airguns, especially if they are powder burner lovers. Usually the limiting factor is just that they haven't been exposed to airguns.

A just showed a friend of mine my airshotgun, right after I blasted a bird with it. He probably wouldn't have thought it was as cool unless he'd seen the aftermath of what it did to that bird. When people see the results, they take airguns seriously. When they just think of them abstractly as bb guns, then they lose their appeal.

_________________
I done been assisted by the trees and rivers. Never needed any minister to figure my divinity.
View user's profile Send private message
new convert 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 2  
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.