Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Anyone ever deal with "OpsGear"?
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
Anyone ever deal with "OpsGear"? 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
As some people have probably noticed- the main page of the site has changed slightly, the Airgun Glossary is now on its own webpage, and an adlink was put on the member map page.

For reference:

http://www.airgunhome.com
http://www.airgunhome.com/pages/glossary.html
http://www.airgunhome.com/pages/map.html

There is no way for us to control what ads appear in the boxes- the company that runs that service decides what ads are rotated in/out of them. They try to place ads that are relevant to the site's content- sometimes with great success- sometimes not so much. The ads that appear may also differ depending on what country or region the viewer is in.

What I've observed (I monitor this sort of thing) is that a California company called OpsGear has it's ad placed quite frequently. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with them and what the quality of their products and service is like?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
StevieLaner7777
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 1060
Location: Herefordshire, UK
No I've never dealt with "OpsGear" But I like the M21 in the advert!!

Hint hint!! ;P


Stevie Thumb Up!

_________________
"Who Dares Wins" - SAS 22nd Regiment Hereford.
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
jct842
New Member
New Member
Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Location: AR.
I use linux instead of windows. I also use firefox for a browser and do not see many ads because of a built in ad blocker. the only ads that can come up is those hosted on the same server as the page you are viewing. John
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
Does this mean you can see the Google ads on the html pages and at the top of the forum pages? Most ad blockers block pop-ups (which we don't have around here anyways).

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anyone ever deal with "OpsGear"? 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 1 of 1  

  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.