Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Question about cobra airguns.com Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
AASkiff
New Member
New Member
Joined: 03 Jan 2009
Posts: 9
Location: Irvine, California
paladin,

How is your 25 cal Falcon? Wink

_________________
AA TX200 HC .177
Beeman RX2 .177
BSA Sportsman HV .22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Pining away from lack of use...... Crying or Very sad No chance to get out and shoot, anything lately. Even got a new TF 6 almost 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to put ONE SINGLE SHOT through it.

sigh

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well gang,

Chalk another one up for the customer being right!!!!

For sh!t's and giggles I logged into my account at Cobra Air Guns this morning to see my order has changed from Processing to Shipped. Hmmm! So I click on the order to find to no amazement at all that it States the following:

"Order Status: Shipped
Your items shipped on 5/11/2009 via UPS"

Yeah that's right guys TODAY!! These jerk off's have been BS'n me the whole time which I knew they were. I verified with UPS that Tracking numbers are issued at the exact time the package gets shipped. These clowns at Cobra Air Guns are nothing but a bunch of liars. I told the clown I spoke with On Saturday that if I didn't have the tracking number that I would be cancelling the order and they then decide to ship it. What a freaking load of crap. The worst part is this:

Track Packages & Freight Quantum View w




>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.


So yeah I got a number that they just did today and still no proof yet that the item has even shipped.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to let this play out. I ordered another gun Saturday morning from Pyramid and if this one shows I'll give it to my step son. I want to see how many days this UPS tracking number is going to say no info is available at this time. My guess is they just selected to do the UPS deal to keep me from geeting my money back. But this clearly shows you all that I was being lied to this whole time. I guess a good lesson to learn id that if the companies name has something to do with a snake, that means you should take it to heart that the company is in fact a snake. Oh I still have yet to see an e-mail saying the item has shipped as well.

Stay away from Cobra Air guns unless you like being lied to.

I'll update whne the tracking number info updates. My guess is that if anything does changed it won't be until Tuesday. So we are now 11 days into this order. Placed May 1st, 2009 and as of today May 11th, 2009 still no proof the gun has even shipped.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Tracking number was just e-mailed to me. Still inactive on UPS's site.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
It will be for a while. Probably the shipment has been picked up from Cobra but not yet reached the UPS center to be loged in and shipped out. Once it gets to UPS it will show either at a given location or in transit from point A to point B. My guess, it's probably still on the truck that picked it up from Cobra and will hit their processing center when the pick up guy gets in this evening where it will be logged sometime tonight and roll out tomorrow....just a guess.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
I'm guessing Cobra just created the shipping tag to stop me from requesting a refund. You can create the shipping tag at anytime. The minute the driver picks up the packages he scans the bar codes into the system. I would guess at this point that there is a tag sitting on a counter at there shop and that's it at this point. But hey lets remember this package as I was told several times shipped last Thursday the 7th. If that's the case the tracking number should be active and the damn gun should just about be here. But no it's pretty clear that they are either just shipping today or planning on shipping in the next day or two. I'll check the update status of the tracking number tonight and we'll see what it says.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
look, i didnt mean any of my posts as personal attacks, i realized what i said was somewhat harsh so i apologized, but i will reiterate, looking at the calender , you placed the order on a friday, today being a monday, there were 4 non-business days, so while yes, you ordered 11 days ago, in the business world, its only been 7 at most (depending on what time you place the order friday). a processed order does not mean a shipped order, after looking at the specific gun you ordered, under the "availability" heading, it said "Usually ships in 1-2 days" , that alone is all the disclaimer that the company needs for the order taking 7 days (which is not unreasonable).
i am not condoning an employee giving someone the "run around", but like i had said, customers need to be realistic about what they expect from a vendor.

paladin was most likely correct about the UPS tracking number, the package was prolly put into the system this morning when they generated the tag for it, and wont become fully active until this evening when the truck gets there to pick up the out going shipments. unless a place does a large enough volume to warrant its own truck, UPS does not pick up ground shipment until the end of the business day.

just chalk this up as "you found out you dont want to do business with them again", but bemoaning a 7 business day turn around... that is a bit excessive.

again, dont take this as a personal attack, so please keep the "smart a$$" comments to a minimum.

DR36

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
! 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
dummyracer36 wrote:
look, i didnt mean any of my posts as personal attacks, i realized what i said was somewhat harsh so i apologized, but i will reiterate, looking at the calender , you placed the order on a friday, today being a monday, there were 4 non-business days, so while yes, you ordered 11 days ago, in the business world, its only been 7 at most (depending on what time you place the order friday). a processed order does not mean a shipped order, after looking at the specific gun you ordered, under the "availability" heading, it said "Usually ships in 1-2 days" , that alone is all the disclaimer that the company needs for the order taking 7 days (which is not unreasonable).
i am not condoning an employee giving someone the "run around", but like i had said, customers need to be realistic about what they expect from a vendor.

paladin was most likely correct about the UPS tracking number, the package was prolly put into the system this morning when they generated the tag for it, and wont become fully active until this evening when the truck gets there to pick up the out going shipments. unless a place does a large enough volume to warrant its own truck, UPS does not pick up ground shipment until the end of the business day.

just chalk this up as "you found out you dont want to do business with them again", but bemoaning a 7 business day turn around... that is a bit excessive.

again, dont take this as a personal attack, so please keep the "smart a$$" comments to a minimum.

DR36


You still miss the big picture here. I as the customer was lied to by two if not three different people from the company. That right there is the biggest thing that pisses me off!! They didn't bother with anything other than BS'n me about tracking numbers and they stated several times that the order shipped last Thursday the 7th. You can say all you want about me expecting to much but you still seem to miss the point that I have been lied to and mislead by these jokers. If your happy with their service then hey I applaud you but it changes nothing as to how they have treated me. I will never have a single possible good thing to say about them. I have made this clear in my e-mails with them as well and I have yet to get a response to any of them either. it seems they would rather hide from me rather than give me straight up explination as to the delay.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
There are two possibilities for which you can blame the employees, lying or incompetence. Often, it's not the SOB answering the phone that's trying to tell you sh!t (in any business), it's the management that either hires the wrong people, doesn't give them the resources they require to do their job well, or ef's it up by not coordinating things properly, or maybe issuing a generic directive such as "tell anyone who calls their item has shipped, and nothing else" on penalty of losing their job. It might be interesting to see what the turnover rate is in their offices. If everyone who picks up the phone sounds like they're 20 years old, you can probably assume the turnover is very high.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
May be. I'm not commenting on Cobra. The shipping info I used was based on my experinces. As soon as anyone ships or shows my gun shipped I started tracking. I noted in each case that the first day a package was shipped Ground it would usually be the next morning before it was checked in and showed a location.

I once canceled an order from Airgun Depot, and then received the item I'd ordered anyway. I called them and paid for it...it hac come from the supplier. They didn't charge me shipping....nice considering i'd decided against it. but you know how it is, once I had an air rifle in my hands, I was lost.

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Yeah a teen aged voice is where I would put the kid. But what about the woman she in no way sounded young. Well either way I was told from Thursday on that the order shipped on Thursday. Well the latest check on the tracking number at UPS just proves with out a doubt that they lied. They state and I was told by them on the phone that they don't charge your credit card until the item ships. That was lie number one. They hit my debit card on Wednesday and the money was theirs. Then they tell me the item shipped Thursday, lie number two. Lie number three claiming UPS doesn't give them tracking numbers right away. Lie number 4 talking to Martin on the phone Saturday morning and calling back only to be told there is no martin that works there. Well the latest from UPS is this:

And I quote from the UPS site

"Billing Information Recieved on Monday May 11th, 2009.
UPS has received the electronic transmission of shipment detail from the shipper and a label has been created for your shipment. Once UPS has possesion of the shipment, the tracking status will be updated"

Tracking results provided by UPS: 05/11/2009 7:57 P.M. ET

So it's pretty clear they never shipped it last week and at this piont UPS doesn't even have the package yet. We will see what the site says in the morning but I'm not getting my hopes up.

At this rate I bet I have the gun I ordered from Pryamid on Saturday before the one that I ordered from Cobra a week ago.


MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:57 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well beleive it or not the gun is on the move and scheduled to be here on Wednesday the 13th. And guess what, so is the same gun I just ordered this past Saturday from Pyramid. So that's a 13 day order process filled with lies with Cobra and a 5 day order process with no issues from Pryamid. All I can say is "WOW" Pyramid goes on my "A" list and Cobra is being deleted from my laptop pending there are no issues with the gun when it gets here. Lets just hope that if someone questions Cobra Air Guns service they do a search and this thread pops up in that search it could save someone else a major headache.

"WARNING don't get bit by the snake, shop Pyramid air guns instead!!!"

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
i'd write a long letter to customer service. do some name dropping if you can. i did with compasseco. (i know rick of airgunweb through email). then i dealt with the owner.

maybe you'll get something for free.

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
I sent the customer service gal Jane several e-mails already. She was no help in the first to when this started and I would almost put money on it that she's the one who answered the phone on Saturday morning. Any how I have three e-mails that I never got a response from. Name dropping wouldn't do any good either they lied about their names or at least one of them. They know they were in the wrong and they chose to hide from the fact. Pending there are no issues with the gun I will have nothing further to do with these jokers, I don't want anything for free I just want what I paid for plain and simple and in a timely manner with no BS.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Ok was just getting an update on the tracking number and I don't beleive I even missed this. Here's the info right now:

HODGKINS,
IN, US 05/12/2009 12:03 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS,
OH, US 05/12/2009 2:36 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
MIDDLEBURG HEIGHTS,
OH, US 05/11/2009 11:38 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HIGHLAND HEIGHTS,
OH, US 05/11/2009 10:15 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
05/11/2009 6:12 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 05/11/2009 5:28 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Look at the origin scan and this is not a mistake or the wrong tracking number this is my Cobra number. The shipment originates in Ohio. Guess what same place my Pryamid order is coming from. It appears to me at this point that Cobra didn't even have the gun. They had to order it from Pyramid (would be my guess) and have it dropped shipped to me. I won't know until I see the box and packing slip but this is really strange. What a joke.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
Question about cobra airguns.com 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 3 of 5  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.