 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | SamYang Misfire Demonstration |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm |
|
|
| Butcher45 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 10 Jan 2009 |
| Posts: 14 |
|
|
|
 |
This shows just how easy the SamYang 909/909S guns will go off when you don't want them to. ANY 909/909S!
It doesn't matter when a 909/909S was made: it is an inherent design flaw involving the sear.
After watching this video, I managed to get my 2tube to go off when I put rearward pressure on the cocked cocking lever while "strumming" it.
Some online friends of mine are working hard on a fix as we speak, since nobody else is fixing this very dangerous problem. Until the fix is made available, DE-Cock your 909/909s when moving around, and use caution. Walking around with a 909/909S cocked is literally a bad accident waiting to happen.
The safety only blocks the trigger. It does NOT block the sear. The sear itself is the design flaw that is causing the misfire.
The 909S used in this demonstration has the post-recall/replacement sear installed. So much for the replacement sear.
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m295/rzrbax/?action=view¤t=P1010151_mpeg4_mpeg2video.flv |
|
_________________ BUTCHER45
"When an animal dies quick there is no further argument." Veral Smith |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:20 pm |
|
|
| fritz |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 25 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 2444 |
| Location: New Jersey- outside of Philadelphia |
|
|
 |
Will remember not to buy a 909...
I had some interest in them too. |
|
_________________ "I never set out to be wierd, it was always everyone else who called me it" -Frank Zappa
Speed is impressive, accuracy is deadly.
It's not that I'm not a people person, it's just that I'm not a stupid people person. |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:24 pm |
|
|
| Butcher45 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 10 Jan 2009 |
| Posts: 14 |
|
|
|
 |
| fritz wrote: |
Will remember not to buy a 909...
I had some interest in them too. |
Just wait until they install the fix. This is a terrible flaw, in an otherwise awesome rifle. |
|
_________________ BUTCHER45
"When an animal dies quick there is no further argument." Veral Smith |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm |
|
|
| sniper |
| Silver Status Member |

 |
 |
| Joined: 28 Nov 2008 |
| Posts: 3752 |
| Location: Star, Idaho |
|
|
 |
| mac-1 doesn't sell 'em for that reason. he will tune 'em though for a price. |
|
_________________ I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it....... |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 am |
|
|
| MNgophergetter |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 07 May 2009 |
| Posts: 39 |
| Location: Alexandria, MN |
|
|
 |
Kinda like what my SKS rifle does. Pull her back, smack the but of the rifle on the ground and it'll slam a round into the chamber and fire it!! A buddy was messing with the gun unloaded one day and this happened with out firing when the gun was dropped form a short distance when he went to set it against the wall. We were shocked so we tested it again and to our surprise it will let the bolt go and fire the round as well. No cool at all. Needless to say the SKS doesn't get used much. I hope they get this fixed with this rifle. It's not something anyone should have to deal with?
Jason |
|
_________________ "Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others." |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | wow |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:25 pm |
|
|
| aircube |
| Veteran Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 02 May 2009 |
| Posts: 261 |
|
|
|
 |
should be recalled.
If it was made in the US or in Canada it would have been recalled imediatley.
Sweet machine, have you tried raising some hell with the company? Are there any sales rep's in the US? |
|
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
 |  | | | |  |  |  |  | Re: wow |  | |  |  |  |
Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 pm |
|
|
| Butcher45 |
| Member |

|
 |
| Joined: 10 Jan 2009 |
| Posts: 14 |
|
|
|
 |
| aircube wrote: |
should be recalled.
If it was made in the US or in Canada it would have been recalled imediatley.
Sweet machine, have you tried raising some hell with the company? Are there any sales rep's in the US? |
SamYang is a foreign company (Korea). It is pretty tough to sue a foreign company, and I'm sure they know it.
PyramidAir/Air Venturi (same people) is the only importer of the SamYang in the states. The responsibility ultimately lies with them. They sure didn't make their initial recall very obvious, and it should have covered ALL SamYang rifles. I was trying very hard to find the recall on their website and could not find it. I actually had to ask the person who told me about it for directions! Small print, in an in-conspicuous place.
I thought that was ridiculous, so I posted a warning on every airgun forum I could. Most people hadn't heard of the recall until I did this. At first we thought it was just the 909S. I had tested my rifle before, and thought it passed. Then after seeing this video, I tested it again with more rearward pressure on the cocking lever, and low and behold....BOOM! Did it twice.
Out of four 909/909S rifles I know to be tested with technique, bought from various time periods, ALL FOUR of them went off when strummed. I have personally heard of a few others going off accidentally as well.
The fix that my online friends are working on, will block the sear, along with the trigger. Hopefully it will get used by the company. |
|
_________________ BUTCHER45
"When an animal dies quick there is no further argument." Veral Smith |
|
 |
 |
|
|
|  |  |  | | | |  |  |
Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.
|