Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page
Argentina Australia Belgium Canada Chile Denmark France Germany Greece India
Italy Mexico New Zealand Netherlands Norway Russian Federation South Africa Spain Turkey United Kingdom United States
AirGunHome.com: THE Worldwide Airgun Forum


AirGunSeals.com Main Page Link
Air Gun Home Forum Index Register FAQ Memberlist Search

Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics » Question about cobra airguns.com Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic  Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic 
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
dummyracer36
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 723
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
i'll leave it at this, i live off the money of my customers, and they are absofuckinglutely NOT always right. in situations like these, 9 time out of 10 i give the benefit of the doubt to the vendor and not the customer. its normally the customer that misinterprets what he has been told or read.

_________________
"not tonight dear, i have a race in the morning"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
dummyracer36 wrote:
i'll leave it at this, i live off the money of my customers, and they are absofuckinglutely NOT always right. in situations like these, 9 time out of 10 i give the benefit of the doubt to the vendor and not the customer. its normally the customer that misinterprets what he has been told or read.


i like when my cusomters think their 80 year old house is gonna look brand new for the price of a repaint and think every rough surface is gonna show their reflection.

i had not problem with cobra. but yes, the customer is almost always WRONG!!!!!!!

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
sniper wrote:
dummyracer36 wrote:
i'll leave it at this, i live off the money of my customers, and they are absofuckinglutely NOT always right. in situations like these, 9 time out of 10 i give the benefit of the doubt to the vendor and not the customer. its normally the customer that misinterprets what he has been told or read.


i like when my cusomters think their 80 year old house is gonna look brand new for the price of a repaint and think every rough surface is gonna show their reflection.

i had not problem with cobra. but yes, the customer is almost always WRONG!!!!!!!



I'm sorry but what does that have to do with my situation??? I didn't get a shoddy product or something that was damaged or built like crap. I simply didn't get anything and they have my money. You guys can sugar coat the hell out of it and think of a hundred other things to come up with for excuses but the simple fact is they haven't lived up to the terms they have posted on their site and it's pretty easy to understand them. 1 to 2 days to process, credit card not charged until item ships. Again I ordered May 1st, Debit card was charged the 6th. Bank account verifies the money was taken. It's now Friday and I still haven't gotten the e-mail they say they are going to send when the item ships. That e-mail they say will have the tracking number. No e-mail as of yet. And no my spam filter hasn't blocked it I have gotten the original order e-mail and the two responses from Jane with no issues.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well I just got off the phone with Cobra. The only answer I got was it shipped. No idea when and no tracking number at this point. It's kinda funny I asked for the tracking number and the gal said that she didn't have it and would have to e-mail it to me later today. I don't know but that sounds strange. My account on their website still says order in process. This should be interesting to see the ship time and date if an when I get the tracking number. If I get nothing today I'm calling Monday and asking for a full refund.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
AirGunEric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 6930
Location: "Out There"
This is (obviously) a two-sided issue. While I could agree that the customer is not always right, they almost always have a point. The truly WRONG customer has, in my experience, been rare, thankfully.

But, when a vendor commits to a specific method of accepting orders and shipping them, then does not appear to follow through and 'hide' behind employees that may be put in place to act as a block to customers more than a service (everyone knows what I'm talking about- the companies that refuse to release telephone numbers or emails for anyone but the "Customer Service" people, companies with 'service' procedures so rigid it just frustrates people that have a legitimate problem into going elsewhere, etc.)

Is Cobra not following through on their stated policy? If the box shows up in the next day or so- I guess they are following through. If not, they are not only not following their stated program, but have moved beyond that to lying to the customer by claiming the product did ship- not good.

I suggest holding back another couple of days, see what happens and then draw conclusions.

_________________
`

I'd say "I care."

But I'd be lying.


Canadian Airgun Supplier: http://www.scopesandammo.com/storefront
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
I was told over the phone I would have the tracking number today. I know from calling that their customer service closes at 3 PM every day, so if I don't have the e-mail by 1 PM today I'm going to call again before they close the customer service dept. and request the Tracking number at that time. We will see what happens. And I'm not here to fight with anyone, I don't get off by flexing my mouth and muscles while hiding behind a computer screen. I simply came here to see if I was the only one that was having trouble with Cobra and it seems so far that I'm not alone at all.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well here's the latest. It's now 2:30 PM at Cobra airguns. I still haven't gotten any shipping confirmation or tracking number. I have been calling out there since 2:00 PM their time only to get a voice mail accoint of some type. Their hours for customer service are until 3 PM their time so I'm leaving messages with the order number trying to get the info that I was earlier told today that I would get e-mailed to me. I don't lke where this is going. I have this nasty feeling that I'm going to be sitting here all weekend with no info yet again.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well I called the other number they list for directions and low and behold I got a person. I told him I had been trying to call customer service for the last hour and he claimed the phone never rang. Wow this is getting bad. He said he was next to the phone the whle time. Man this is messed up. Anyways I told him to check his messages and that I left him a few. So I then followed up with "I want a tracking number that I was told I would get today." that got him to stutter a bit. I gave him the order number and he said hold one second. I wait only to have him come back and say that it looks like it shipped. I said OK when? He stutters again and says look like the 7th. I said OK fine give me the tracking number? He says one hasn't been issued yet. Come on I'm no dumb a$$!!! When you ship UPS, USPS, or with any of the others you get a tracking number right then and there when you ship. This guy then goes on to tell me that the tracking number will be issued at the end of today which means that they will have it Saturday moring. I have never been run around in circles like this before. Somethings just not right here. Anyways I told him to make a note to e-mail me this mystery tracking number as soon as they get it. I then stated the same thing I said in my messages.if I don't get it by Monday I'm calling and canceling the order. I've had it with these clowns. I will put money on it that I don't have any tracking number by Saturday when they close and that I will have to cancel this order. Oh which by the way there is an option on the site but it won't allow me to do it. Man this is only getting worse by the day.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 272
Location: Hopewell Junction
Well at this point I would order the gun from a more reputable dealer and try to get them to refund your money on monday. and I would have expected better service and communication from any vendor in this day and age
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Well as of right now last I was told was they would have the mystery trackinmg number in the morning. So first thing I'm doing is calling them in the morning to get it. If at that point I get the run around I'm going to demand a charge back on the debit card and once that is done then I'm ordering the same gun from Pryamid. if they truely did ship it then I can see them making a stink but if they didn't I would guess I'll have my money back in no time. I hope at least that much anyways.

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:46 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
that really is frustrating. i've had a similar experience with compasseco. with cobra, i got the wrong rifle on tues. called wed. the wrong one was picked up thurs. got the right one fri.

as an afterthought. i did lay a head trip on them that i was leaviing the state that sat to bring the rifle to my nephew as a gift. maybe that's what did it. Shocked if it is it worked Mr. Green

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote
scroller99
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Joined: 03 Dec 2008
Posts: 272
Location: Hopewell Junction
that really is frustrating. i've had a similar experience with compasseco. with cobra, i got the wrong rifle on tues. called wed. the wrong one was picked up thurs. got the right one fri.

yes I had trouble with compasseco too they were awful slow I wouldn't deal with them again
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
sniper
Silver Status Member
Silver Status Member
Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 3752
Location: Star, Idaho
it took comapsseco 5 months, FIVE MONTHS to rectify the situation. they let me keep the defective rifle.

_________________
I believe in gun control,
If there's a gun around I
want to be controlling it.......
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:54 pm Reply with quote
MNgophergetter
Member
Member
Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 39
Location: Alexandria, MN
Guys today did not go good. I called this moring and was given Martin. Martin says I'll have to get on the system and get it then call you back. So I give this punk my number again which by the way is on the order.

Three freaking hours later no phone call back so I call again. I ask for Martin at which that point I'm told by this new punk that sounds just like Martin that there is no Martin working there. What the hell!!! Ok so I tell the clown what i was told this morning and he acts like there is no way possible that could have taken place. I said hey a lady answered Cobra outdoor sports and gave me Martin. Any ways this jerk off then says yeah I remember talking to you the other day. I say good smart guy where's the tracking number you were going to e-mail me. He basically didn't say sh!t back so I laid in and said look smart guy I talked to my UPS rep and was informed that anytime you ship UPS a tracking number is issued right at that point. No exceptions. This d-bag try to tell me that it takes now 3 to 4 days for them to get a tracking number from UPS. I find that big a$$ lie to be about the stupidest thing I have ever heard. He then trys to tell me that home shipping is different from business accounts and that's why there's a difference. I said nice try joker. I work for an on-line company I spoke with our Business UPS rep. Things got real quiet. All he could do was say the gun shipped on the 7th. I said prove it or lose it. He said I don't understand. I said tracking number now or cancel the order right now. He then says i can't prove it and then goes to say that he's the only salesman on today and isn't authorized to do charge backs. WTF if you can take a credit card to do a payment you sure as hell can do a charge back. I've done it and it's pretty simple to do. Anyways so now these low lifes have my money and the jerk behind the counter won't or claims he can't give me my money back. So I say here's the deal whoever you are at this present time, I will be calling all day Monday until I get an answer. if i don't have the tracking number the first phone call that gets thru then I want my freaking money at that time. All I can say guys is from this circle jerk I'm going through stay away from this place.

More on Monday,

MNGG

_________________
"Just put it's body back in the hole as a warning to the others."
View user's profile Send private message
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
thepaladin
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: 12 Dec 2007
Posts: 930
Location: TN USA
Well, to hopefully calm the waters....

I've never used Cobra, most of my guns came from Pyramyd, I've also used Campasco and Airgun Depot, got good service from them all. Airgun Depot messed up, but we made it right to my satisfaction (though some people might have insisted on something different than I did). Airgun Depot was the most distant from me and took maybe 7 or 8 "working days".

_________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
View user's profile Send private message
Question about cobra airguns.com 
  Air Gun Home Forum Index » General Air Gun Questions and Topics
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 5 Hours  
Page 2 of 5  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  
  
 Post new topic  Reply to topic  

Note: If you are seeing "Please enter your username and password to log in." Your browser cookies have been reset
or you need to register to access the topic in question. Use the 'Register' button near the top left of this page.


Click Here for AirGunHome.com Main Page


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2004 phpBB Group
Partial Styling Supplied by Vjacheslav Trushkin Themes Database.